What colour is your car?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What colour car do you all have, and what’s the best and worst colours you’ve come across for a SEAT?

Mine is Desire Red, didn’t think much if it when I first saw it because I was wanting Mystery Blue. Have to say in this sun the colour pops and now I love it.

Worst colour I’ve come across is Mediterranean Blue. Looks great on the configuration but in the flesh wasn’t what I wanted. That car didn’t stay long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Monsoon Grey. My age, lifestyle and position dictate a level of 'sensible'. I like some of the in yer face colours, oranges and greens etc, but not sure it would suit me day to day. There was a lighter blue that has just been removed (bit of aqua tinge to it) that really did look awful.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
As can been seen by the avatar, SEAT's boggo standard solid Mediterranean Blue.

I wouldn't have chosen it, but Father likes blue cars and didn't think it was worth the
£500-odd extra to get a fancier shade of metallic blue - can't say that I blame him.

As you might expect for a 'freebie' colour, it looks slightly dull/awkward in some light,
tends to be at it's best in overcast/cloudy conditions, but often looks a bit strange, sort
of a bleached-out version of itself when viewed in strong sunlight.
Overall I think it works better on the smaller cars, (Ibiza/Leon hatch) compared to the
larger models. Either way, it quickly looks ropey if a bit dusty or dirty.

Having said that, it's no worse than some other car makers standard option - and is
certainly better than VW's standard battleship grey...

Last edited:
Reactions: Boroboy

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
£500-odd extra to get a fancier shade of metallic blue - can't say that I blame him.

I had an Ibiza in Mediterranean Blue and on the configurator and when brand new it looked tidy, however I soon found it to be similar to what you say

it looks slightly dull/awkward in some light,
tends to be at it's best in overcast/cloudy conditions, but often looks a bit strange, sort
of a bleached-out version of itself when viewed in strong sunlight.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Nevada white

I think white goes very well on sporty models, especially with black details

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180407-153920~2.png
    Screenshot_20180407-153920~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 196

Tiki-Taka

Jun 25, 2018
Luna Grey mk2 Leon with a Reflex Silver Ateca being built by the Czechs at some point this year!
Luna Grey has been great at looking clean even when it’s a bit dusty, fancied the Orange Ateca but will it look good 8-10 years down the tracks? So went for a nice bright silver. The Ateca looks better in a light colour I think.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
MK2 Leon in Red....my first choice would be blue or white but those options weren’t in my budget. Options where black, red or silver. Red grew on me and now I feel it looks quite sporty and suits the car, there’s only a few cars I think suit red.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've got me a MK2 Leon in Speed\Sprint Blue, nice colour when clean lol don't see many which is nice :clap:

I guess this day and age you can just wrap your car to the colour you want for a nice tidy £1500 lol

I'm a fan of the monsoon grey when it's all polished!

Cheers

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I've got me a MK2 Leon in Speed\Sprint Blue, nice colour when clean lol don't see many which is nice :clap:

I guess this day and age you can just wrap your car to the colour you want for a nice tidy £1500 lol

I'm a fan of the monsoon grey when it's all polished!

Cheers

Certainly don’t see many in blue, believe me I tried to find one lol

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Mines black had a choice black or blue chose the black 1 because it had the DSG box.....lazy driver

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Red, in price range there was a choice of black, silver or red. I’d have had black or red with red being my second choice.

Sometimes you have to deal with the hand you are dealt lol. My preference would be a Leon in blue.

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
Haven't got it yet (next week) but it looks like the Mediterranean Blue colour and it will have grey wheels

Would have loved red but one was 3 door (no good for us) and the other was £1000 more but than one was also the 1.4

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
Very nice, I initially wanted my MK2 in blue but settled on red as it was within my budget and I found one in decent condition.

Red has since grown on me, I think it looks pretty sporty in red.

Yeah red is good.... so we are the opposite then.

I had a Nissan 200sx for years and loved it and it was red

This was also available to me - great colour but 50K miles :headhurt:

Attachments

• grey-car.jpg
    grey-car.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 181
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.