what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
While it's no longer in warranty, gave it a service myself........
c6cd9c5f9374547aba44092eba840188.jpg
c97fb99c98f11224cbdea29c8828270b.jpg
18b5c74ac0b34d5605710453b18942c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
After finding out my mot ran out yesterday and not Sunday I rushed it down for an mot on my lunch hour... Passed with flying colours phew! Although a small coolant leak from somewhere near the head it would appear nothing major yet but no doubt will get worse. Any common issues that we know of? Haven't yet had a good ol' Google..
9705897039661d5a17399a7d6353a3e8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
After finding out my mot ran out yesterday and not Sunday I rushed it down for an mot on my lunch hour... Passed with flying colours phew! Although a small coolant leak from somewhere near the head it would appear nothing major yet but no doubt will get worse. Any common issues that we know of? Haven't yet had a good ol' Google..
9705897039661d5a17399a7d6353a3e8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I don’t know where the water pump sits, but I do know as they’re plastic they’re prone to cracking. @PP Mark is your special project finished yet?

Reactions: MrJohn91

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Did the last part of the noise insulation project, so now im done with the front fenders and wheel arches, all 4 doors, rear boot section with sides and rear fenders/wheel arches, also area under the rear seat. I can say that the car feels much more solid and quiet, you can feel yourself more private inside there (always feeling that when driving an Audi). Seat Sound system makes much more bass and feels like some premium one.
Together with the Golf exhaust this car is a whole for me now and i really feel like i enjoy a drive in it, poor noise insulation from the factory pulled it down in my eyes. Happy!

Side note: all the material i added was about 13-14kg in total, so it doest really matter nothing on performance like the legends speak.

saharv2

Feb 25, 2018
Hey guys!
My car is 3 years old already and the exterior plastic parts have started to fade... found a cheap and easy solution for it and made a video how to do it.
Good luck!
let me know if u have any questions!

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Did the last part of the noise insulation project, so now im done with the front fenders and wheel arches, all 4 doors, rear boot section with sides and rear fenders/wheel arches, also area under the rear seat. I can say that the car feels much more solid and quiet, you can feel yourself more private inside there (always feeling that when driving an Audi). Seat Sound system makes much more bass and feels like some premium one.
Together with the Golf exhaust this car is a whole for me now and i really feel like i enjoy a drive in it, poor noise insulation from the factory pulled it down in my eyes. Happy!

Side note: all the material i added was about 13-14kg in total, so it doest really matter nothing on performance like the legends speak.
Where did you fit on the front ?
I managed to do the doors and rear but now the front section really noise.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Where did you fit on the front ?
I managed to do the doors and rear but now the front section really noise.

You have to remove the wheel arch covers from the outside, it involves jacking up the car and removing the front wheels aswell. Then some proper cleanup from there, after that you can put as much noise insulation on the cars body and on top of the wheel arch cover itself as you want. Added 2 random pics of my work..

Attachments

• 3639FE4B-93FF-46DC-9A32-C63DD3EB507A.jpeg
    3639FE4B-93FF-46DC-9A32-C63DD3EB507A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
  • 70B6510A-6C5A-427A-8F21-D658C57F8BB0.jpeg
    70B6510A-6C5A-427A-8F21-D658C57F8BB0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

saharv2

Feb 25, 2018

Good stuff!
I also made a video of how to do the sound insulation for your doors will be happy to get some comments if u did the same or if there is a better way to do it.
Cheers!

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I use the cheap ceramic coating I have on my black grilled/rear bumper etc. Just after a wash and it looks far better + minimal effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
CarPro PERL is a silicon nano coating for plastic, much cheaper than the tiny bottle quartz coatings and will restore and protect plastic anywhere on the car, even rubber and leather as well. Just dilute and spray on every now and then. Its about £15 for a litre which should last you years and years.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Good stuff!
I also made a video of how to do the sound insulation for your doors will be happy to get some comments if u did the same or if there is a better way to do it.
Cheers!

Main difference is that i didnt broke the clips :D
Okay if to be more serious, it seems that you added even more mat and did the soft stuff job more correctly, but for both of us i think the insulation is making a good difference compared to stock. Well done!

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
You have to remove the wheel arch covers from the outside, it involves jacking up the car and removing the front wheels aswell. Then some proper cleanup from there, after that you can put as much noise insulation on the cars body and on top of thewheel arch cover itself as you want. Added 2 random pics of the work..
Thanks
I was think do it inside but maybe worth from outside.

saharv2

Feb 25, 2018
Main difference is that i didnt broke the clips :D
Okay if to be more serious, it seems that you added even more mat and did the soft stuff job more correctly, but for both of us i think the insulation is making a good difference compared to stock. Well done!
Awsome! hell ya, if my speakers were 6/10 when I turn up the volume above 50% now I would rate them 9/10!
Also the interior feels more acoustic, the sound is noticably much better! how did you manage to do it without breaking the clips? they stay inside the metal and then taking them out is a nightmare and they are super strong

saharv2

Feb 25, 2018
CarPro PERL is a silicon nano coating for plastic, much cheaper than the tiny bottle quartz coatings and will restore and protect plastic anywhere on the car, even rubber and leather as well. Just dilute and spray on every now and then. Its about £15 for a litre which should last you years and years.
I agree, but perl doesn't last for more than 3 months ( in the good case) on exteriors and not more than 2 weeks if the surface is not prepared properly, originaly I got the DLUX for my rims and had more than 3/4 left in the bottle so I figured why would I do the intire trim and plastic parts?
I agree there are many solutions but if DLUX costs 40$ and I used about 1/6 for all of the extrior plastic parts and trim that means the entire project cost me about 7$ + my time + 10$ materials to prepare the surface.
and the results will stay for at least a year, every person does his own calculation:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.