What do you think this will be worth in 3 years?

class2ldn

Jul 7, 2014
sussex
Hi all, seen a cupra I'm quite interested in.
It's quite well specced but I'm thinking it may be better to get a personal loan and pay that off with the value of the car in say 3-4 years.

http://m.smcmotorgroup.co.uk/usedCars/show/id/st4825134

This is the car. I reckon we'll do no more then 10k a year as the Mrs does overnight work so only travel to and from work once in 2 days.
So a 14 plate in 2018/19 what do you think?
If we get a loan it would have to be for a bit extra to pay off my partners 207gti as I reckon its about 1500 down on equity.Obviously noone can say for sure but at least we have the option of we want of keeping it a year, paying the loan off completely and having the car outright.
Also as it will be her car mainly I won't have much option of trading it in like I do now every year or so lol.
What do you think? Pcp isn't coming out much cheaper because of the high Apr the dealers are charging.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Worth to who? A trader as a trade in or private buyer? That's an easy grand difference there.

5yrs with 60k on the clock.... My stab in the dark - £9k

A good idea would be to see what the GMFV is if you bought from the dealer on a PCP. That will be as accurate as any.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
I personally don't think extra's make much difference (from a p/x perspective). The majority of cars I've had in the last 10 years have been well spec'd and the dealers were more concerned about the condition, over the options, when it came to haggling on part-ex value.

My FR is a panoramic roof away from being fully spec'd and no dealer I spoke to said it made any difference. The book price is the book price. Obviously the dealer will make a point of selling it on for more and harping on about it's spec but they're objective is to give you as little as possible.

Last edited:

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
I was thinking about the OP's previous comments on other threads about speccing the car as he wanted. I agree its almost the perfect spec, Pano roof and possibly High Nav aside.

If you go in with cash you'll have more room to play with than if you take their finance. Either way you should be able to get something off the price.

class2ldn

Jul 7, 2014
sussex
Yeah well the roof was a nice to have and it's got sat nav so that's good enough. If its anything like the golf r it won't do much anyway lol

Got full leather heated seats, acc and dsg. Not too fussed about the others it was just if I was specced it myself I'd have that stuff but with used you have to take a compromise sometimes.
If we look again 3/4 years down and the px or private price is no good we can just keep it the extra year and have an asset which is paid off.

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
All I can see missing is Pano Roof and Nav High I think. Perhaps a Cupra expert can see any others....

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
Better nav than standard that came with the Tech Pack.

Navigation System High (includes SEAT Sound System):
– Super high resolution 6.5" colour touch screen
– Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) digital radio
– Dynamic route guidance with 3D map display and 3D emblematic buildings
– Voice control
– SMS messaging
– 10gb Jukebox, picture and video viewer
CUPRA 280 and X-PERIENCE SE Technology have Navigation System as standard

Actually looks like Nav High as it has Seat Sound and from the last sentence the Cupra came with it anyway.

So just Pano roof possibly ....

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
I'm pretty sure that's a SEAT UK press car, I'd haggle down to 18 as I'm sure that's not had the easiest of lives...

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
The one in your OP has VRN ending WWB, the one in that link ends WWP. Though it probs is a press/pool car as a lot of UK press pics have cars with VRN's that are KU14 WW--

Last edited:

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
Wouldn't bother me that much although would be grounds for a good haggle !!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.