What do you think to this deal? opinions pls?

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Just got off the phone from directseat.co.uk and they offered me £10700 for my Leon Cupra 54 plate in exchange for a New Leon FR TFSI, in Zenith Grey with bluetooth??

What do you all think? I thought I'd get a lot less for mine??

I'm seriously considering it :D

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Its done just over 20k. I only paid £11500 for it last December (05) so nearly 18 months later I thought £10700 was pretty good?

I think I'm just happy at the fact that I can actually afford my first ever brand new car:D

GAZ P

Aug 3, 2005
Thats a pretty good deal cheepest price I've found is £15,300 for a standard car.Met paint is £350 & £250 for bluetooth.

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Go for it! Sounds like a good price offered to me!!

I have a 2004 (53) Plat Grey Cupra 180 with 40k miles and I was offered £7350 in part ex for a Leon FR Tfsi in Red with Bluetooth and 18" alloys. My heart said yes to the FR but my head told me no on the basis I could get more for my car selling it privately.......

I loved the new FR during the test drive and my mind was made up on getting one until I started thinking about the new Cupra and now I just don't know!!

The only problem with selling a car privately no matter how much you have looked after it is the fact that if was looking to spend nearly 10k on a car, I would go to a dealer for peace of mind...........spending 3 or 4k on a car is less of a risk.

Still hiopeful I can shift mine though but the deal you have been offered sounds great to me and you should snap their hands off!!

I think the 18" alloys are a MUST on the FR though.......the 17's don't do it for me and they look too small.

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Go for it! Sounds like a good price offered to me!!

I have a 2004 (53) Plat Grey Cupra 180 with 40k miles and I was offered £7350 in part ex for a Leon FR Tfsi in Red with Bluetooth and 18" alloys. My heart said yes to the FR but my head told me no on the basis I could get more for my car selling it privately.......

I loved the new FR during the test drive and my mind was made up on getting one until I started thinking about the new Cupra and now I just don't know!!

The only problem with selling a car privately no matter how much you have looked after it is the fact that if was looking to spend nearly 10k on a car, I would go to a dealer for peace of mind...........spending 3 or 4k on a car is less of a risk.

Still hiopeful I can shift mine though but the deal you have been offered sounds great to me and you should snap their hands off!!

I think the 18" alloys are a MUST on the FR though.......the 17's don't do it for me and they look too small.

Yeah I did really want the 18's but then I though I might just wait a while and then get a set of Cupra alloys for it :D

Oh yeah I've ordered it to-day from directseat. The seconds now seem like days!!! I can't wait, they said it might be with me by the end of the month.

OH yeah they also said that Seat have just released some Proper FR mats so there looking into if/when they can get them and how much.

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
i dont think anyone would grumble @ £800 depreciation after 18 month motoring.

go for it...

At the dealers today I asked how much hed give me for my car when it is 3years old and has 60,000 miles on it.. he said id be looking at 6 or 7k! I was gunked, thought my FR TDI would be worth more.

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Had a phone call from directseat earlier, the car they were getting for me turned out to have the body kit on it, :cry: ( it didn't show up on the system??), so I might have to bin the Bluetooth and get one with nothing but a set of 18's!! :D

Nothing is ever easy!!

looking_to_buy

do you not fancy the body kit then? or did they ask for another £1500 (or whatever it is?)

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
do you not fancy the body kit then? or did they ask for another £1500 (or whatever it is?)

I don't really like the look of the body kit, I prefer the clean lines of the standard FR. They also did quote around that price extra for it as well!!!:(

I won't know now till tomorrow if they can get the Zenith grey with 18's and no Bluetooth!! :cry: I suppose thats the price I pay for getting it as cheap as possible :-D

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Makes me a little cautious when Direct/Internet companies quote a Part Ex for a car they havent seen, Did you have to tell them about every mark/scratch/dink for them to estimate the part ex price.

What happens next, do they send someone out to check it, or do they examine it when then hand over takes place, ! I wonder if their definition of very good condition is different to what we think. !!!

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Makes me a little cautious when Direct/Internet companies quote a Part Ex for a car they havent seen, Did you have to tell them about every mark/scratch/dink for them to estimate the part ex price.

What happens next, do they send someone out to check it, or do they examine it when then hand over takes place, ! I wonder if their definition of very good condition is different to what we think. !!!

They asked some basic questions, Age, milage any dents or scratches etc. they then rang me back half and hour later with the quote?? I was a bit suprised myself to be honest, but I suppose there going off the HPi check and the fact that your not going to really lie otherwise you won't get your new car I suppose!!??

I will soon find out, and if it all goes pear shape then I will never do it again:cry: and trust me this forum will be the first to know :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.