What do you think to this lot then?

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Ok boys...this is what ive got to clean my car with...Black LCR non Metallic.......what do you think...

1. Snow Foam Kit from Autobrite (lance and snowfoam - not bought this yet) - soak car with this

2. Wash car with Megs Gold Class.....with Sonus Wool Mits (2 bucket method)

3. Dry car with Sonus Water Drying Towel

3. Sonus Clay and Sonus Glyde Clay Lubricant 16oz the Car, rinse off with water and dry again with Sonus Water Drying Towel

4. Then do this by hand...as not experienced yet with a polisher.Poorboys SSR1 Super Swirl Remover Polish (Light cut).... (Bought this already)

5. Then use Poorboys World EX-P Sealant (Bought this already) on top of the SSR1......to create a bond.......

6. Finally finish off with...Nattys Red (havn't bought this yet)???? Give it the final polish off?

What do people think of this? Is a wise way to go with doing the car...ive had the front bumper and bonnet and wings repainted about 4 weeks ago....i presume i shouldn't bother claying those? Any help with that would be great :)

Any advice or pointers would be great...you can see the stuff ive already bought and what i havn't....

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Ok boys...this is what ive got to clean my car with...Black LCR non Metallic.......what do you think...

1. Snow Foam Kit from Autobrite (lance and snowfoam - not bought this yet) - soak car with this.
If you have a Karcher, get there Foam lance, its very cheap & does the job as wel IMO
1B. Rinse off the snow foam to remove any bits of grit/dirt left on the car

2. Wash car with Megs Gold Class.....with Sonus Wool Mits (2 bucket method)

3. Dry car with Sonus Water Drying Towel

3. Sonus Clay and Sonus Glyde Clay Lubricant 16oz the Car, rinse off with water and dry again with Sonus Water Drying Towel. I wouldnt bother rinsing again, if tehre is any residue of the clay lube, the next step will remove it

4. Then do this by hand...as not experienced yet with a polisher.Poorboys SSR1 Super Swirl Remover Polish (Light cut).... (Bought this already)

5. Then use Poorboys World EX-P Sealant (Bought this already) on top of the SSR1......to create a bond.......

6. Finally finish off with...Nattys Red (havn't bought this yet)???? Give it the final polish off? Either Nattys Red or blue will give very good results, IMO, the blue is slightly longer lasting.

What do people think of this? Is a wise way to go with doing the car...ive had the front bumper and bonnet and wings repainted about 4 weeks ago....i presume i shouldn't bother claying those? Any help with that would be great :)
Not sure about Claying new paint, being new I guess It shouldnt need doing.

Any advice or pointers would be great...you can see the stuff ive already bought and what i havn't....

What about Trim dressing ? Poorboys Trim restorer is very good, you can also use it on your tyres

When you've Clayed the paint, use the clay on your glass, it does wonders, then after that, use it on your wheels, it makes them mega smooth & harder for the dust to stick, a few coats of EX-P will help too

Make sure you use good quality Microfibre cloths & applicators too

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
ive got meguirs fibre cloths for polishing and i was going to buy a big pack of the foam applicators for the other stuff? that alright?

Ive also used the autoglym big box of white cloths before for applying but they always have a lot of strands of cloth hanging off them...

any help with applicators for the ex-p and SSR1 and Nattys would be great...

Rich

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I can't imagine how much hard work the swirl removed will be by hand - actually I can which is the reason why i bought the PC :) I found it very very difficult to break the products down properly and as a result of that, the end result wasn't as good as i wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was still a huge improvement, just not good enough.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
nattys blue is specified for darker paint colours
i think both are full or carnauba but it apparently has extra "UV filters" or something

good wax, defo worth buying
and it smells lovely too

CleanYourCar

Thanks Jace, really appreciate you posting the links to my shop. Times are hard with all these ebayers & new companies sprouting up everywhere :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.