What Modifications have you done?

May 4, 2019
Honestly I wouldn't bother with a phone holder, but use Android Auto/Apple Carplay instead (if your car can do it!). Arguably easier to use while driving, no need to sort out Bluetooth either. If you aren't a fan of Android Auto as it is now, it's redesign is being released sometime this summer. (didn't want to embed it as it's not totally relevant, but link to a vid about it here: https://youtu.be/ --kask8JYeg)
Is there anyway to connect to Android auto wirelessly without using USB cable?!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I believe there are some USB dongle things, but personally I can't see the point. The phone will just run down the battery, so keeping it plugged in is best IMO!

May 4, 2019
I believe there are some USB dongle things, but personally I can't see the point. The phone will just run down the battery, so keeping it plugged in is best IMO!
The aim to connect wireless so you can keep your phone in your pocket without forgetting it in car.
I forget my phone several times and I had to get back to my car and this sometimes annoying))
If you have a link for that kind of dongles I would be grateful.

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
The aim to connect wireless so you can keep your phone in your pocket without forgetting it in car.

If you're particularly techie there is a way to do it - however as the wireless is not built into the car you will need a second phone, and it will have to be something recent (I'd go for a 1st gen Pixel/OnePlus 3 kind of thing)

Essentially the second phone will act as the 'slave' - much like the wireless android auto hardware in head units with that capability will have. Here's an XDA article on it and the app they used (also on XDA). Bear in mind it's going to be quite taxing on the phone, so you might want to have it on charge either way - in which case you might as well just plug it straight into the car! I don't see any good use cases unless your car has wireless charging. Quick note, you will need a phone running Android 9.0+ or this will not work at all.

Here's a video posted a couple months ago showing AA working wirelessly with a Kenwood head unit:

Overall it seems like a lot of faff for something that isn't really hugely beneficial - I'd absolutely go for it if you enjoy projects like this though :)

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Has anyone managed to replace standard reverse light bulb to a LED bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
Has nobody added wind deflectors? I have them but the back seems to drop over time and shows the glue... then will fall out if the rear window is opened

May 4, 2019
Has nobody added wind deflectors? I have them but the back seems to drop over time and shows the glue... then will fall out if the rear window is opened
I remember I saw a wind deflectors which need to be locked inside window frame with no glue ...it was really nice ...I will try yo search them up and post the link.

May 4, 2020
Plastidip Black Brilliant

Attachments

• 20200304_124307.jpg
    20200304_124307.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 180
Reactions: alpineSi
May 4, 2019
Lowered the car on h&r spring for 35mm
Changed the wheels ti OZ Superturismo LM
Blacked out rear brake lights
Blacked out front and rear badges as well as front chrome around the grill
Replaced stock air filter with k&n performance filter
Painted brake calippers red
81dd282b6ab3500a118b9a996bd666ec.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
Are they 18" wheels?!
What type of offset and ET?!

Aug 26, 2020
Lowered the car on h&r spring for 35mm
Changed the wheels ti OZ Superturismo LM
Blacked out rear brake lights
Blacked out front and rear badges as well as front chrome around the grill
Replaced stock air filter with k&n performance filter
Painted brake calippers red
81dd282b6ab3500a118b9a996bd666ec.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
Hey Andromedo, can you tell me the exact specs of your wheels and tires in this picture? Its exactly the fitment i'm going for on my Ibiza, and i think it looks great. Do you know if there's any difference between a Style and FR model, other than a lowered supension setup? I'm just curios if i would get the same result with a non FR model. My car is totally stock, and my profile pic is somewhat the result i'm going for.

Andromedo

Feb 19, 2019
Croatia
Hey Andromedo, can you tell me the exact specs of your wheels and tires in this picture? Its exactly the fitment i'm going for on my Ibiza, and i think it looks great. Do you know if there's any difference between a Style and FR model, other than a lowered supension setup? I'm just curios if i would get the same result with a non FR model. My car is totally stock, and my profile pic is somewhat the result i'm going for.
Sry for late reply...
This was OZ Superturismo LM 17" 7.5j et35 with factory tires 215/45r17 (but you should go for 205/40 maybe so they dont stick out as much) the wheel is flush with the fenders but the tire was sticking out maybe 0.5mm and it bothered me haha
The car was also lowered on h&r springs for another 35mm, in your case that would mean 50mm drop on current suspension

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Andromedo

Feb 19, 2019
Croatia
Just an update on my Ibiza ;)
Got 18" wheels with amg center caps in red to get some contrast and wind deflectors
5c245051de0095b2c18f6cf5e142fb88.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.