what should i expect?

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
right ive made a list :( lol
anything ive missed? anything u reccommend etc?

Miltek Exhaust £340

Miltek Hi flow cat £370

Forge Tip £120

Green Cotton panel filter £ 40

HID light conversion kit £140

Sparco aero Wiper Blades £ 20

KO3S £250

Forge FMIC £700

Susspension (H&R – Bilstein/eibach or similar) £500

Silicon Hoses £150 ???

Revo Stage 2or 3 remap £350

4 bar Fuel Regulator £ 60 ???

4 Pots – wilwood/hi spec??? brembo??? £500

Strut braces all round £100

Anti Roll bars £250 ????

TT Shifter £ 20

Chrome polished rockers and boost pipe £100 ???

Nomad Gauge Pods £ 72

Autoguage Oil Temp Guage £ 18

Cruise control £250

TOTAL £4350

what should i be expecting bhp wise? would it be worth it?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
so its a k03s with stage 2 revo, fmic, turbo back exhaust, filter, 4bar fpr... 230-240ish...

I like the rims by the way, very tidy, what are they? and are they staggered?

Definately worthwhile imo...although i'd recommed jabbasport for a custom map to get a bit more out of it...you wont get bored as quick! lol

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
sorry shanty but again I do not agree...

4350 for about 80 hp extra...thats 54 quid per hp.

The power you are seeking is definately worthwhile, as I am seeking this as well, however the prices you list there are not entirely realistic. If you are going for those prices go for a bigger turbo...

if you want this setup watch for sale topics on this forum and search on ebay etc, as it can be done sooo much cheaper.

also compare statistics of forge FMIC to other cheaper IC's like laguna and the universal one on this setup...doubt there will be a lot of difference...

Turbo's are for sale cheaper, and put some elbow grease in polishing yourself.

You want a project so you'll need to do some work for it.

remind, this is just my input

good luck

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
btw just to give you an example, have a look on ebay for Diane's HID seller. A full H7 kit delivered for something like 50 quid. Many on here use this, again including myself, and its good quality. That's 90 quid under what you're mentioning there, and thats just one example...

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah but alot of that arent performance modifications, it also includes brakes, suspension and visual etc so bhp per pound doesnt work out

probably get alot of that cheaper too if you shop around and be cheeky and ask for discount, especially if you buy a bulk from one place. def ask for something off

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
for value its not worth it in my opinion. If you want power your aswell to buy the car witht the mods already - for example nogutsnoglory's one for sale - £5750 or whatever, you could put another £1k towards that shopping list and buy his WHOLE car already done

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
yeah i understand reuvers but 4350 isnt to get that power gain...thats his overall finished car, shiny bits, boost gauges etc..it all adds up...i was saying its worthwhile to get that power from a cupra!! nothing to do with his costing..thats up to him...my old one kept me entirely happy & i'd still be happy with that power now...240ish brake is worthwhile, as said above buying an already modded one is the best bet..thats what i've done twice now..

Dec 31, 2005
London
for value its not worth it in my opinion. If you want power your aswell to buy the car witht the mods already - for example nogutsnoglory's one for sale - £5750 or whatever, you could put another £1k towards that shopping list and buy his WHOLE car already done

Of course I'd have to agree :p

But honestly, this is the only reason I'm actually selling because I want BT now and its more cost effective to buy one with mods that you already want and then tweak to your own taste, a bit gutting when you've spent so much time and effort on your own car as I have, but change is good too.

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
only thing is id quite like to do it myself rather than go out and buy a car already done, could someone possible write up a list of what they would get keeping prices low but obviously quality too, and im really looking for 240 at the lowest, but would like to get the power more up to 300 tbh. any help would be brill!

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
300 and above is fairly big money....i'd look at k04 for around 270-280ish, anything more and you will be paying alot just for the engine mods let alone all the rest of the stuff you've listed...do a search mate this has been covered alot!

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Not worth it in the slightest. You could pretty much buy one now with all that done to it for that

agreed

and what you need to understand is that with these Mk3's going above 250 hp becomes quite a bit more expensive. Becuase you are looking at a differently mounted turbo to manni and MAF.

up to 250 you can get out of a good set up k03s which is worthwhile (imo)

I am doing this as well.

All you will need is a TIP (bought mine for +-50 quid on Ebay)
a FMIC (I chose the laguna one which came to around 70 quid with piping)
the k03s (bought for around 300 brand new but you can buy used ones for less)
exhaust/ DP (I paid around 350 total for that)
and a remap stage 2 (do not really know prices over there.

So calculating you could get it to see those power figures for around 1200 quid. Mind, if you do all the work uyourself and take the time to bargain hunt and be bold to ask for discounts or bid low and get lucky...

My opinion

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.