What sort of MPG do you get?

Penfold

May 18, 2007
Just wondering. Having picked my Alhambra up a week ago, I have covered abut 160 miles, so not in need of filling up yet.

I would like to think I would be able to average 40mpg, is this realistic or am I living on another planet thinking I would get that from an Alhambra. It is a '05 1.9TDi SX 130.

I used to own a 2.0TDI Sport Altea and got about 44mpg out of that, which I thought was quiet disappointing (however it was always really tempting to just release the power all the time).

Cheers

Penners

1990gti

I got 43mpg average on a 214 mile trip from glasgow to manchester in my TDI 115. When I got back I noticed one tyre was low on air, when I inflated it it was only at 15psi so could have made a bit of difference.

100andthirty

Mar 19, 2004
I live in Milton Keynes and around there, I get about 31/32 indicated by the computer; on a long run about 42.

Penfold

May 18, 2007
So looking at the two posts, I should be getting near target on a run, but will be low 30's normal day to day running. I hoped to get more, but I suppose its a big car. I'll post my 1st tank figures when I fill up. Does anybody else agree with these figures?

Penfold

May 18, 2007
OK, just been and filled up and here are my figures

Total Miles = 410
Litres = 47.83
Gallons = 10.52
MPG = 39.01

Pretty impressed as drove the car as normal and was stuck in a jam for 1 hour without moving (didnt stop engine).

Just hope this continues and hopefully improves on a longer run.

TimsBamma

Sep 22, 2006
Full tank fill ups of circa 65 ltr mean I get between 530 & 580 miles, this is mainly short journey commutes 7 miles each way.normally works out mid to high thirties to the gallon. If I get decent runs then anything from low 40's to 50mpg.

engle

In the 67,000 miles I did in my Alhambra PD115 SE I averaged a true (i.e not from trip meter) 41.4mpg. For almost all of those miles, it had a Tuning Box fitted. The car never missed a beat.

I don't know if it was anything to do with the Tuning Box, but the trip was always optimistic on fuel consumption by 5-10%.

Savo

I fitted a tuning box and found on tickover my alhambra seemed to miss every now and then, fuel economy was a little worse but that was around town all the time.

Penfold

May 18, 2007
Just been and filled up again and here are my latest figures

Total Miles = 450
Litres = 47.81
Gallons = 10.51
MPG = 42.7

Again, car was driven normally. No long runs, just average journeys.

Quite happy if these figures continue, will post figures again for the next tank.

TimsBamma

Sep 22, 2006
Well have just changed all 4 tyres to Falken ZE912 97 XL's and whilst road noise is reduced and handling seems nicer at the mo I seem to be 2 or 3 mpg down.

Need to measure over the next couple of tanks but was surprised any one else experienced better or worse economy on changing tyres?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise