What do you do when your mk1 LCR reaches 100k?…

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
… You buy another!! ;):cool:
3C356A08-7B3F-4F63-9F51-7A67DA1BDC47.jpeg
My much cherished 2006 Cupra R that I’ve owned for about 6 years has hit the 100k milestone.
Not a problem I know it will cover another 100 without a problem as long as I continue to look after it properly.
However, I started lusting after a Lower mileage one and had been on the look out for a while.
With prices all over the place and good standard ones seemingly starting to climb I was keeping an eye out for something I could add to the fleet.
Me being me, had to be standard, as low miles as possible and as cheap as possible. Also just to add to the already impossible sounding list I really fancied an Onvi yellow one. :eek:
A couple slipped by over the time I’d been looking but wasn’t really the right time either as I was finishing an extension at home.
Anyway, long story short. I found the ideal car a while ago with just over 70k on the clock.
A deal was done and I’ve had it stashed away in storage waiting for space on my drive, free of building materials and the funds to improve it.
So after selling my van, another cheap daily car bought and money left in the pot it was time to blow off the cobwebs and get it on the road.
No pics yet cause the car is away having a bit of tlc to the famously hard to match onvi yellow paintwork, a wheel refurb and a check over and re fresh of the oily bits.
Will finish a few bits and bobs off myself when I get it home but I’m trying to get it ready so I can go to Le Mans in June with it.
After that it will come out for shows and the odd sunny day blast but I will happily carry on using the grey one more knowing I can put the miles on it now it passed the 100k mark. :ROFLMAO:
Some people may think I’m crazy running two. I know they’re never going to make me a rich man like fast fords or something from our German cousins may do one day but there is nothing else I would rather have on the drive, simple as!!
So with my daily car also falling into an expensive tax bracket you could say my hobby now is ‘paying road tax’:unsure:
If only they’d spend it on fixing pot holes!!
Will update this thread when the car is ready and I have photos.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
… You buy another!! ;):cool: View attachment 36547 My much cherished 2006 Cupra R that I’ve owned for about 6 years has hit the 100k milestone.
Not a problem I know it will cover another 100 without a problem as long as I continue to look after it properly.
However, I started lusting after a Lower mileage one and had been on the look out for a while.
With prices all over the place and good standard ones seemingly starting to climb I was keeping an eye out for something I could add to the fleet.
Me being me, had to be standard, as low miles as possible and as cheap as possible. Also just to add to the already impossible sounding list I really fancied an Onvi yellow one. :eek:
A couple slipped by over the time I’d been looking but wasn’t really the right time either as I was finishing an extension at home.
Anyway, long story short. I found the ideal car a while ago with just over 70k on the clock.
A deal was done and I’ve had it stashed away in storage waiting for space on my drive, free of building materials and the funds to improve it.
So after selling my van, another cheap daily car bought and money left in the pot it was time to blow off the cobwebs and get it on the road.
No pics yet cause the car is away having a bit of tlc to the famously hard to match onvi yellow paintwork, a wheel refurb and a check over and re fresh of the oily bits.
Will finish a few bits and bobs off myself when I get it home but I’m trying to get it ready so I can go to Le Mans in June with it.
After that it will come out for shows and the odd sunny day blast but I will happily carry on using the grey one more knowing I can put the miles on it now it passed the 100k mark. :ROFLMAO:
Some people may think I’m crazy running two. I know they’re never going to make me a rich man like fast fords or something from our German cousins may do one day but there is nothing else I would rather have on the drive, simple as!!
So with my daily car also falling into an expensive tax bracket you could say my hobby now is ‘paying road tax’:unsure:
If only they’d spend it on fixing pot holes!!
Will update this thread when the car is ready and I have photos.
Couldn't agree with ya more on on what you have said except for yellow never been a fan lol. I think our cars offer great looks for the age and plenty of fun for a ok price still, I agree with the I don't want nout else on my drive but I've always liked the mk2 focus rs in white or green but they are so expensive now, even parts are ridiculous. But ill plod along in a car that many don't see or know off happily. Enjoy ya new motor and yearly tax lol.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
To be honest I love my platinum grey one and even looked at another exactly the same but I wouldn’t really want two the same colour sat next to each other on the drive, neighbour’s would think I’d lost the plot! :ROFLMAO:
Yellow, well it’s a colour I never wanted in my 20’s. I worked my way through the colour charts on the 4 mk1’s I had back when they were new but never a yellow one.
But over the years the odd time I saw one I really liked it and they’ve grown on me since.
We also have a mk1 Mx5 at home and that’s yellow so will just add a bit more colour to the greys, blacks and whites all my neighbours have. ☀️☀️:cool:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members