What wheels are these?

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Counting down the days to the delivery of my new MK4 FR TSI evo. The thing I don’t think I’m going to like is the 17” Wheels which I couldn’t change at point of order. I’ve spotted a few for sale with these same wheels but in anthracite as shown below. This makes them look so much better. Were these an option or have they been changed post sale? As mine is a lease could I get a similar effect with plastidip and easily remove on return?

1616014436551.png

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Often the case with these things is given a month or two of familiarization, you
get accustomed to, or even end-up liking whatever your new car came with...
But I understand you getting prepared for the possibility of a change.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Often the case with these things is given a month or two of familiarization, you
get accustomed to, or even end-up liking whatever your new car came with...
But I understand you getting prepared for the possibility of a change.
Agree - initial views can change after a few months.

@julian24110; I’ve not seen any of the FR’s 17” alloys in anthracite, other than in the picture you’ve posted above. They’re not an option on the configurator on the Seat website and they’re not listed in the current price list. I couldn’t find them as a Seat accessory either. I really like them though, but then I’m a bit of a sucker for anthracite/ gunmetal coloured alloys 🙂.

You could ask your local Seat dealer if they’re available - or ever where available - in anthracite. Alternatively, they might be replicas of the genuine Seat FR alloy, although I’d be surprised if a dealer fitted a set of replicas on what is probably a new car / one of their demos. Replicas aren’t uncommon though. There’s a company called CM Wheels who sell lots of what look to be good quality replicas of VW and Audi alloys. Quite a few mk7 / mk7.5 Golf owners over on golfgtiforum.co.uk and VWROC.com have bought the CM Wheels replica‘s of the genuine OEM VW alloys either as a set of winter wheels or to replace damaged originals. I don’t think CM Wheels have replica Seat alloys, but it’s possible that there is a company that sells them.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Are you sure that is anthracite and not brake dust?
You can never be 100% sure from a picture, but I’d be pretty sure that those wheels are painted / powder coated in an anthracite colour.

god they are horrid
IMHO they fine, but it’s good we don’t all like the same things, otherwise life would be boring.

It's also good to see that Seat aren’t completely obsessed with diamond cut alloys, and that some models still come with painted / powder coated alloys. I’d take a set of anthracite coloured painted / powder coated alloys with good durability over a set of bling-bling diamond cut alloys with relatively poor durability and susceptibility to white worm any day.

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
I certainly couldn’t find these as an option, there’s some more here and I’ve also found some black ones on a brand new unregistered vehicle. Maybe these are specials that dealers are doing?

Definitely think these wheels look better in this colour, I’ll have to see what I think of the standard silver when the car is delivered.

Attachments

• D8E0F323-83E1-4EA8-8A49-ED28F5636960.png
    D8E0F323-83E1-4EA8-8A49-ED28F5636960.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 109
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.