Cupra Leon VZ1 delays

Jan 3, 2023
Hi All,
I’m new to this forum. I’m based in the UK and placed an order to lease a Cupra Leon VZ1 245 in May 2022 with a dealership. At the time I was promised a November delivery date, with the sale being pushed that dealerships have first dibs on Factory orders. November came and no build date was confirmed. I’ve finally been given a build date of week 20 2023 🙈
With the car being a basic model and colour I didn’t expect the delay to be so huge. Has anyone had any similar issues? I’m contemplating pulling out but the market means the deal I had was very good and there’s nothing around the same price at the moment! Thank you

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Welcome to the forum @Rachael3991.

You’re not alone in having a longer than expected wait. Check out the long discussion thread in the Cupra Leon section of the forum at the link below.

Reactions: Rachael3991

Tiny1138

Mar 8, 2017
Hi. I too ordered a VZ1 2.0 245 in June. Told Dec 22 delivery. Now have an ‘unconfirmed’ build date of w/c 14/04/23. Again I ordered on the good lease deal at the time. Contemplating what to do

Tiny1138

Mar 8, 2017
Hi. I too ordered a VZ1 2.0 245 in June. Told Dec 22 delivery. Now have an ‘unconfirmed’ build date of w/c 14/04/23. Again I ordered on the good lease deal at the time. Contemplating what to do
Now unconfirmed build of week 8. Dealer expects it beginning of April 🤞🏻

MM410

Jan 16, 2023
United Kingdom
I have the same car on order, was given a unconfirmed build week 7 and now week 10
However Cupra UK confirmed last week that no cars will be built between week 8 and 10 as the factory is closed for 2 weeks.

Jimmyb234

Sep 11, 2022
Still waiting a build week on mine… I defo won’t be cancelling the order though. For exactly the same deal it’s now £87 a month more expensive and there’s nothing that comes close on the market at the moment… well, there is, I just don’t fancy downgrading to a Hyundai I10… 🫠

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
I ordered my VZ1 back in august and still not got a build date either yet… was promised it would be delivered last week in feb but not even got a build date yet..
I’m having the same issue as it’s now £120 a month more than what deal I locked in so just don’t know what to do… current car goes back in feb so going to be stuck…😭😭😭😭

Jan 3, 2023
Thanks everyone! Crazy delivery times at the moment, seems nuts to be waiting for almost a year for the basic model Cupra Leon with no options. My previous lease vehicle went back in November so had to buy a short term banger to get me from A-B. The dealership offered a loan car at the start and then nothing has come of it unfortunately. Ah well the wait continues!

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
Totally agree….. I’ve been waiting 5 months nearly now and just had a call f the lease company to say it should be with me on 7th July now……🤬🤬🤬
So that’s 5 months without a car as my current one goes back in a couple of weeks….. absolute pi** take.!!!

Mar 15, 2023
Hi guys, i'm a lease broker and my supplier is telling me a certain clients vehicle that was supposed to be delivered in January does not have a build week anymore! just last week it had a build 17 but now nothing.

I'm just wondering if its the same with you guys? I do not think I'll be putting anymore cupras on a site if this is the norm cannot believe it.

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
I’ve had an update mines build week 22 with delivery expected mid July..
When mine was meant to be with me 2 weeks ago , so currently without a car until then as my lease car went back 2 weeks ago

Tiny1138

Mar 8, 2017
Hi. I ordered in July last year. Mine is now built and on its way to the UK. Expected at dealer beginning April

MM410

Jan 16, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i'm a lease broker and my supplier is telling me a certain clients vehicle that was supposed to be delivered in January does not have a build week anymore! just last week it had a build 17 but now nothing.

I'm just wondering if its the same with you guys? I do not think I'll be putting anymore cupras on a site if this is the norm cannot believe it.
I had a few unconfirmed build weeks for my VZ1 2.0 early January which was then confirmed as week 9 finally early Feb.
Cars now built and currently at a port in Madrid awaiting shipment to the UK
I have been advised what my registration is also

Reactions: H15DTL

H15DTL

H15DTL
May 28, 2013
Hi. I ordered in July last year. Mine is now built and on its way to the UK. Expected at dealer beginning April
You’re very lucky then, hope you enjoy it! I ordered mine august I think it was.. just hope it’s here before july

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Hi All!

New to the forum and this thread in particular. So a little bit of background. I ordered my VZ1 245 TSI in magnetic grey back in May '22. No fitted extras as I didn't want to wait longer than the 6 months they were advertising (suspiciously quick I know). 11 months in, car only made it to the port today! So expected to the dealer within 7 working days and hopefully delivery the following week.

Your posts are intriguing though. Reading through them; delivery time lines are vague and sporadic at best. I can see a couple of users here ordered later than me but are getting deliveries earlier or at the same time. Wondering what Cupra's logic is for this?

Re handing back cars, is informally extended not an option? I have a '69 plate Leon on lease atm. Formally extended by one year and now been informally extending until the new one is delivered. VWFS now are letting me keep until June this year but I can end it early at no cost. So wondering if nobody else has explored this option?

Tiny1138

Mar 8, 2017
Finally picked the VZ1 up today from the dealer after a 10 month wait. Well worth the wait. If you managed to get it on the good lease deal last year even more so. I’ve come out of a mk7 GTI DSG. It feels very much a freshened version (as to be expected) the 7 speed box is as good as it gets. Enjoy when you get yours

Attachments

• CD59A1F4-4EA2-4DEF-A712-B197CA6AF7BD.jpeg
    CD59A1F4-4EA2-4DEF-A712-B197CA6AF7BD.jpeg
    774.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 61EF7D86-D815-4CF8-9F7E-0F44B79D832C.jpeg
    61EF7D86-D815-4CF8-9F7E-0F44B79D832C.jpeg
    763.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Radiator98

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
Finally picked the VZ1 up today from the dealer after a 10 month wait. Well worth the wait. If you managed to get it on the good lease deal last year even more so. I’ve come out of a mk7 GTI DSG. It feels very much a freshened version (as to be expected) the 7 speed box is as good as it gets. Enjoy when you get yours
Mate I’m jealous!!! It looks absolutely stunning. Mine is hopefully being delivered on Wednesday but oh man this is making it harder. How does she sound?

Tiny1138

Mar 8, 2017
Mate I’m jealous!!! It looks absolutely stunning. Mine is hopefully being delivered on Wednesday but oh man this is making it harder. How does she sound?
It’s great. Driving in Comfort is very sedate, you could be in a 1.5 TFSI before putting your foot down, great round town and on a general run. There’s sport and cupra mode also. Haven’t dug in to the main differences yet but the throttle response is improved obv. There’s also over-run in Cupra mode which sounds awesome. Subtle so not intrusive. There’s no soundaktor in the VZ1 so you don’t get the piped in fake noise, it’s just genuine exhaust and engine tones.
Was pleasantly surprised to see it on Goodyear Eagle F1 Super-sports too. I had Assymetric 5’s on my previous car and loved them. Expecting these to be the same.

Jimmyb234

Sep 11, 2022
POSITIVE UPDATE - had a build week 14 which was the 4th April. Surprise email from my dealer to say it’s built and on a ship en route to the UK! Hopefully have it by May.
VZ1 ordered September 22. 🎉

Reactions: Radiator98

Radiator98

Mar 13, 2023
POSITIVE UPDATE - had a build week 14 which was the 4th April. Surprise email from my dealer to say it’s built and on a ship en route to the UK! Hopefully have it by May.
VZ1 ordered September 22. 🎉
Fingers crossed captain! Taking delivery of mine today. Haven't slept a wink all night..

Reactions: Richiepoos
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.