What would you like to see in our MK4 SEAT Leon FR review?

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
It really pains me to say it but i really like the look of the Focus ST line. Unsure if i could do it to myself though and own a Ford.
I think the Focus is as good as it gets in that sector, for me an engine is a fundamental part of the car, and that 1.5 182 is a belter!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I think the Focus is as good as it gets in that sector, for me an engine is a fundamental part of the car, and that 1.5 182 is a belter!

For me the focus st line needs a bit of improvement in certain area’s. The dash is dated for a new car, it needs digital dials to keep up, also would like to see the front lights as a minimum led as standard.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It wasn't too bad, the voice control made me want to rip the screen off and throw it out the window though :rolleyes:
To be fair i did once snap my laptop in half and launch it in the bin as it was taking forever to boot up. Patience is not one of my strong suits

• Haha
Reactions: Syphon

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Voice control = frustration!

From video reviews I’ve watched of the mk8 Golf, reviewers have had similar experiences with the voice control function.

@Syphon - Look forward to your driving review.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Voice control - must have been written by 'er indoors'...she never listens to what I say either :D.

• Haha

UnrepentantN00b

Nov 4, 2015
There's reviews of the VW ID3 coming out, the interface looks to mostly be touch driven but does also have capacitive sliders for air con.
[EDIT] Now watched the Infotainment review, looks to be the same if not very similar.

Anyone seen the Polestar 2 interface? Still has a few knobs to play with but the screen is completely android based, looks a million times smoother than what's going on in any of the VW group screens. The drawback is our Google overlords have another way into your life if that's the sort of thing that bothers you.

It is crazy having a tablet strapped to the dash and that being the main control of important systems in the car, not long ago it was frowned on for changing the radio station...

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Seen one in the flesh yesterday. A 1st edition FR, looks actually suprisingly really good in the flesh ?

Over 30k list price though!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Good review.
I was waiting for it’s response to be
“ go and get a jacket” you had to tell it that many times you were cold. :ROFLMAO: That really made me laugh.
I’m not in a position to comment on the modern tech screens in cars, none of mine have one so I have nothing to compare it against.
The newest car in our household is my 10 year old V70. I struggle with the built in satnav in that so whatever car I choose next I think I’m really going to struggle whatever it is.
Thankfully I won’t be in the market for a new car for a long time so in the meantime I’ll grab my key to the Cupra R, grab a cd or two off the shelf and go for a drive. ( and I’ll take my jacket in case I get cold.) lol
Look forward to the rest of the review though. ;)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Sorry. I just cannot get my head around a Leon that isn't a mega-spec. Cupra costing £30K
Yeah was sitting list price £30,4?? or something like that. Crazy money. Was the PHEV 1.5TSI petrol / electric one, cost of 7k above the FR to save polar bears :eek:

Vag8

Jul 5, 2019
Sorry. I just cannot get my head around a Leon that isn't a mega-spec. Cupra costing £30K

Mercedes A class A200 AMG line

On the road price £28,344.99

BMW 118i M Sport

On the road price £28,305

Seat Leon £30 k !!!! ??

Last edited:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
It must be a VW Group thing. I started pricing up a new Octavia SEL estate - nearly £29K and you don't get heated washer jets without paying extra!
Mrs Seriously is seriously considering a nearly new BMW 3/4 series when her Leon is due for change.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Review nearly done.... :)

startup-gif.gif

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.