Where to buy?

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
good evening all. i am looking to get myself the Vagcom software and of course the cable. however could someone people tell me where i should get the cable from, or which sellers to avoid on ebay. i have read that a few people have bought them and they have been no good. cheers, nick!

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
lol me 2 i got 1 off ebay year or so ago an didnt work. think can get them from ross tech website but 100 dollars i think.

wouldnt pay 100dollars for one! i think ill look at the feedback people have left the sellars, surely that will give me an idea of what quality his items are!

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
im sure that a lot of them dont work woth vista as well.

yeah i heard something like that lol. there is a thread on here about vagcom and vista. im running XP Pro at the moment soo :D when i tryed to use my brothers cable in my computer with just the free version, it wasnt working, however it does work on his, maybes its got something to do with the fact its already been programmed into his computer? :shrug:

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Did you guys bother to read any of the stickies at the top of this forum page? Most of your questions are answered there.

Genuine product is only available from Ross-Tech or one of our distributors. Buyer beware on anything else you buy.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You can get all USB cables to work on Vista, its just getting the right driver (there is a guid on how to do it in the VAG-COM section) and I use version 311.2 with no problems on Vista :)

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
I got one of the cables from e-bay,and ran it with vag com version 409-1,I then purchased the full licence.I have XP on my lappy and it's total hit and miss.Some days it will pick up all the blocks,others it won't,and you have to mess around with tha baud rate on your pc to try and get it to connect well.Decided to buy the proper ross tech interface,so placed my order on friday and have tracked it to a depot 30 miles away today.That's come from the US,jesus takes longer to get UK mail!!!
Wish I'd bought the correct gear in the first place:doh:

J0N

Defected!
May 16, 2008
southampton
i have a ebay cable and ross tech vag com 311-2 and it works but how do i go about getting all the features and how much is it .. so i can do abs and delete codes ect

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members