Which Model?

buckshot

Dec 13, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi all, i'm new here and soon to be an owner of an Altea, i hope.
I'm looking at the 2.0 tdi but i'm not sure which variant. DSG or manual is posing a dilema.
Also which do you consider the best out of the sport and the Special Edition?
The SE seems to have all the kit but isn't available with the DSG as i understand?
Then there's the FR to consider, is the extra power that much noticable in the real driving world?
I guess then it's the running/sevicing costs to throw in to the equation of the afore mentioned models.

I apologize for the many questions in one post but i'de welcome any and all responses.

Thanks in anticipation.

Neil.

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
hi i have a 2.0tdi dsg sport and i have grown to love it the dsg no more sore left knee from clutch pumping its fab & stick in sport mode & it really shifts

not sure about the se version what extra kit do you get with that ?

mm

buckshot

Dec 13, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi, thanks for your reply, i am led to belive the S.E. has stuff like bluetooth, leather interia, rear parking sensors, 17" alloys etc.
I think i'de like the DSG, arthritic knees and all that.

Oh well, back to Autotrader. :lol:

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
ah ok , i have only seen a leather interior once and that was second hand on ebay

if you do go for the dsg , or any 2.0tdi for that matter , make sure you give it a good test drive , with the dsg it tends not to use the full rev range of the engine and you can end up with a turbo with sticking vanes ,

so find a nice open stretch of road stick it in sport and apply right foot ! so the engine revs upto the heady heights of 4500 rpm and the turbo gets a full workout

i found this out to late when i bought mine having only poodled round the streets of south london , but once sorted all is good

mm