Window goes down by itself

May 5, 2022
Got a 2010 Ibiza with a mind of its own. Passenger window decides to go down by itself when the car is sitting with the engine off. Sometimes it will take a few hours and sometimes a day or overnight.
I’ve seen mention of folks discussing this and saying it could be window regulator fault or wet wiring but just wanted to check if folks think this is a similar issue.
I originally thought it could be battery related since the windows only go down after driving, if it sits in the driveway with a battery charger on then it doesn’t go down. But if I drive the car and then leave it the windows will go down in increments of 3 inches until fully down.
I’ve replaced the main car battery and both electric window switches and still the same problem.
the passenger window switch operates the passenger window fine but the drivers side switch for the passenger window is temperamental!! Ie it doesn’t always work and needs the engine running to work at all. And even then the switch needs held down and the window will drop in increments until fully down and the same going back up.
Why and what effect would the engine running have? And why does the window not operate from the drivers switch with just the ignition on?
This leads to me to now think it’s a loose wiring connection but how can I tell?
also disconnecting the passenger window switch has no effect so leads me think it’s defo something to do with the temperamental drivers side switch (which has also been replaced)
Any ideas would be appreciated, even if I could disable the passenger window entirely from the circuit without effecting the drivers window 🙏

May 30, 2022
Got the same issue today, but on Cupra Formentor.

I was shocked to be honest.

I or my passenger never roll down passenger window. I really don’t recall a single time when we would do this.

Today I have approached my car and saw an interesting picture - fingerprints all over my passenger window (some bum tried to get something from the glovebox, as it seemed), thank god window was not broken or anything was broken at this point.
At first I thought it was a break-inn, but I didn’t see any marks on window frames or door handles of brute entry. Alarm didn’t go off and doors were shut.
Was thinking to go to police, but while I was driving to work my passenger has found that a lot of people got same issue on similar cars.

Sent my car to the dealer so they could read the cars log files in order to understand what really happened.

Don’t know if the would provide any solution, but if they will tell me how they fixed the issue and if they will, I most definitely share it here.