Windscreen Wipers

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
How long are people lasting wipers wise?

Mine are 1 yr 3 months old and have started making a lots more noise than they used to. I'm presuming they need replacing and wondered how long others are getting from them.

If they need replacing, what wipers are people using? Standard whatever the dealer provides or different makes?

Also what prices are people paying for a front set?

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
Mines a 55 reg and guessing they are the factory ones. But mine have started to give up, but the £18 a wiper seams a little steep!!!

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Clean the rubbers with neat screenwash, then swap the left with the right blade. Because they park in the pillars always in the same position the rubbers become "moulded" in that same direction. If you take one off & look down the blades length, you will see what I mean, the rubber will be "curved" to one direction.
Swapping the left with the right will even this out, & a GOOD clean may give you some additional life on them!!

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Dave, or seremotors sells replacement blade refills, genuine for a tenner on ebay? Great service first class post usually comes next day..

rageuk

Jun 30, 2007
West Yorkshire
Clean the rubbers with neat screenwash, then swap the left with the right blade. Because they park in the pillars always in the same position the rubbers become "moulded" in that same direction. If you take one off & look down the blades length, you will see what I mean, the rubber will be "curved" to one direction.
Swapping the left with the right will even this out, & a GOOD clean may give you some additional life on them!!

I thought tat they were both different sizes I am sure Halfords list as different I might be wrong

langy

Aug 9, 2006
Mine are just under 2 years old and covered 50k and they need replacing. All i seem to be able to find are Valeo replacements at about £30 a pair !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members