Wing mirror dip

Paul T

Jan 24, 2008
Bristol
Hi guys, I have a 2018 excellence. Can the near side wing mirror auto dip on reverse be turned on via vcds.

Wayne.mead

May 2, 2021
Not sure if your is same as 2015 Leon,can select on mirriors option on control screen,remember to leave mirror adjust on door selected to left side or it won’t dip.....

Paul T

Jan 24, 2008
Bristol
Not sure if your is same as 2015 Leon,can select on mirriors option on control screen,remember to leave mirror adjust on door selected to left side or it won’t dip.....
Hey, I don’t have the option, just wondered if the option could be enabled via vcds.

Wayne.mead

May 2, 2021
I thought it was a option across all sear/ vW .on mine it was combined in the windows and mirror section,

Tell

Staff member
It's enabled on some Seats and not on others. It's suppose to have a motor in it that senses it's position to better steer or feed back. If you enable it on those that don't have the desired feed back / steering they drift after a period.

It is a standard mod I posted up on the Ateca board where it wasn't implemented. The Ateca doesn't have the correct motor so it drifts. Had assorted conversations on that and found an Ozzie post from the veritable Don on VCDS matters.

One thread on here.

Here we go the one that gives the "Don test" read on to post 9.

Has to be pre face lifted SFD block on mods and assuming the latent screen is sitting there, probably is. If you can bear having to correct it from time to time if it fails the Don test. 255% bit.

I got 360' on my Ateca but did the mod for the hell of it. I don't use it and in any case the Ateca mirrors don't give you much curb view. Haven't tried it in an Arona re curb view.