Wing mirror lower in reverse

chrislocalboy

Oct 25, 2022
Has anyone figured this out? The instructions in the manual appear to be absolutely wrong as I've followed them step by step about 5 times, they don't work and to be honest they don't even make sense (it's the passenger mirror that lowers but it tells you to adjust the driver side ('R')

I've got it to lower but only when I turn the knob to 'L' the option in the infotainment system seems to suggest this should happen just by me putting the car in reverse?

axeriano

Dec 5, 2022
Latvia
Has anyone figured this out? The instructions in the manual appear to be absolutely wrong as I've followed them step by step about 5 times, they don't work and to be honest they don't even make sense (it's the passenger mirror that lowers but it tells you to adjust the driver side ('R')

I've got it to lower but only when I turn the knob to 'L' the option in the infotainment system seems to suggest this should happen just by me putting the car in reverse?
I think "adjust the driver side (R)" is a mistake from LHD version manual. :D

1. You need to set your mirror joystick to L.
2. Adjust your mirror to position when you normally drive.
3. Engage Reverse.
4. Lower your mirror for driving in reverse.
5. That's all. Remember, that mirror will not return to its normal position until you drive more than 15km/h or lock your car.

chrislocalboy

Oct 25, 2022
I think "adjust the driver side (R)" is a mistake from LHD version manual. :D

1. You need to set your mirror joystick to L.
2. Adjust your mirror to position when you normally drive.
3. Engage Reverse.
4. Lower your mirror for driving in reverse.
5. That's all. Remember, that mirror will not return to its normal position until you drive more than 15km/h or lock your car.
Thanks buddy... Ok so just tested it and I believe everything you've said is correct (need to test the 15km/h thing still) but this only happens if I leave the selector knob in 'L'... If I leave it in the central position and engage reverse nothing happens, but engage reverse with it in the L position it does indeed move down

axeriano

Dec 5, 2022
Latvia
Thanks buddy... Ok so just tested it and I believe everything you've said is correct (need to test the 15km/h thing still) but this only happens if I leave the selector knob in 'L'... If I leave it in the central position and engage reverse nothing happens, but engage reverse with it in the L position it does indeed move down
Yes, that's how it works

That's correct, as it gives you the option of being able to see what's behind you, or see the curb

Reactions: chrislocalboy
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.