Wiper Blades hitting the cover

Greegiecee

Loving my SEATs
Oct 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello everyone,

I have recently parted company with my trusty old Toledo and moved on to an Altea TDi Sport. The car is going back to the garage who sold it to me as the passenger side window doesn't work and the light that flashes to indicate that the alarm is on doesn't work either. Apart from that it is a nice car to drive.

I did however have to put on new wiper blades and went for Michelin Stealth blades. Well I eventually got them on but when they return to their off position under the cover they hit against it. I have checked and they are clipped on properly. They wipe fine but look like it will eventually damage the plastic cover.

Anyone else experienced this or used the Michelin Stealth blades without this problem?

Tweaky

Same here, bought some pattern ones and they hit the cover, bought the Bosch ones and all ok. Just put the 2 together and you can see the height difference.

lumor

May 18, 2011
window won't be working because the cable has rusted and frayed. look up squeaky Windows on here. Just keep an ear out for the drivers one in hot weather. then stop using it. regulator was updated on 2012 alteas.

Greegiecee

Loving my SEATs
Oct 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Thanks Lumor,

I have sent the car back to the dealer I bought it from and they have agreed to repair the passenger side window. The Driver side has been fine, up to Saturday when it works fine (slight squeak at 1 point). But when it stops itself at the top, if I press the button up again, it makes a clunk, almost like the window has moved out of the hanger slightly.

lumor

May 18, 2011
as long as the warranty covers you over the summer. when you will really notice the squeaking.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.