Wipers in service position :(

Davies20

Hey guys, first post and hoping you can all help!

Recently bought an Altea FR TDI and theres one thing really annoying me.

When i park up, the wipers slide down into service position - to which i correct, then engine off.

OR when im driving, they will slide down into service position - to which i flick the stalk for them to go back up into the A pillars, which they do, for about 1min - then they come back down!

Ive tried to switch to ignition > Ingnition off > put stalk up one position (Intermittent) - as this is what you do to put service position on i beleive? But still no joy.

Its really annoying me though, looks crap when parked up > and un'areodynamic when driving!

Please help!

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
Could it be the wipers are slightly loose? So gravity will bring them down whilst the motors still think they're in the up position. When you flick a wipe, there's enough take up to raise them, but again when stationary, they slip down again.

Davies20

Could it be the wipers are slightly loose? So gravity will bring them down whilst the motors still think they're in the up position. When you flick a wipe, there's enough take up to raise them, but again when stationary, they slip down again.

Nope, defo the motor bringing them down :( Really bugging me now!!

They'll just randomly wipe down as im driving - so frustrating when its dry and no need for them!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members