Wiring Diagrams for DSG ?

Mr.Leon

Hi guys

I have something strange need... I would like to reverse the gear stick effect on DSG model.

I would like to push/send away for down shifting and pull/approach for up shifting. Like on BMW's, go-karts, rally cars, etc.

I found the connector under the gearbox plate.

I need the wiring diagram of this connector so I will invert the two wires related to upshift and downshift.

Ok... I hope I don't deserve :ban: for this idea...... :)

Anybody can give me the wiring diagrams or can tell me where I can find it?

thanks in advance.

Mr.Leon

it's simple to reach the wiring connector..... that includes 7 wires

but I need wiring diagrams to know which are the 2 wires to reverse them.

Mr.Leon

Leon 1P
2007 November
2.0 TFSI engine type BWA
DSG Gearbox

thanks ;)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
are the housing/logo's easy to modify also ? just thinking if it's in for a service etc - lol

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Pretty sure its not a case of reversing two wires. I think they are communication wires to the gearbox ECU so send different voltages rather than + or -. Also I'll check but pretty sure it wont tell you what wire does what, only the connection to the plate and the ecu.

Mr.Leon

Pretty sure its not a case of reversing two wires. I think they are communication wires to the gearbox ECU so send different voltages rather than + or -. Also I'll check but pretty sure it wont tell you what wire does what, only the connection to the plate and the ecu.

I'm afraid the same too...... but without the wiring diagrams I cannot measure voltage/switching on "indicted" wires.

thanks in advance who can help me...

Backdraft

I have a wiring diagram infront of me and it doesnt state what wire does what, just where they go from and to. Why dont you just test the voltages when you shift?

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I thought this the other day but didn't post it however I don't think I've ever used the stick to change gear in my car - always use the paddles. Do they not suffice?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I found the connector under the gearbox plate.

is that a 10 pin wiring block per chance ?

found a 10pin diagram for the selector lever/selector levers sensors control unit

narrowed down a few pins so far

1) brown - earth
2) blue/purple - P sensor - steering column control unit //disconnect for steering controls ?
3) not listed
4) not listed
5) grey - selector level display illumination bulb

6) not listed
7) orange / black
8) orange/brown
9) black/blue
10) red/brown

don't take any of these as gospel mind as i reading the way the diagram is grouped but i would suggest investigating what sort of signals you get on 7/8 + 9/10 as they are grouped as 2 pairs for some reason

at ya own risk etc

Mr.Leon

I have a wiring diagram infront of me and it doesnt state what wire does what, just where they go from and to. Why dont you just test the voltages when you shift?

I do it.... I test the voltages when shifting... on pin 7 and on pin 10... but the voltage didn't change :think:

Mr.Leon

Fl@pper

Yes it is a 10 pin wiring block (black)

I see the diagram (thanks to Bedlam) and I make the your same opinion about
2 pairs of wires: 7+8 and 9+10

I checked voltage when shifting on pin 7 and on pin 10..... but the voltage not changed.

I assume that we are missing something..... but what ??

Thanks for the help

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
assuming it is a straight voltage change of course ? could it be more technical such that it changes resistance as a signal instead ?

or earth switching ?

Mr.Leon

I read their resistance related to ground with ignition OFF........ nothing

then read their voltage related to ground with ignition ON....... nothing

in both measurements I was shifting.

I'm feeling a little defeated, I swear :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise