wont start Seat leon mk1 fr 2005 petrol auq engine

missleonmrk1

Apr 2, 2021
walsall
hi can anyone please help , i have a seat leon mk1 2005 petrol. car has always been fine until the other day, suddenly the car seemed like it was a about to cut out a couple of times but revived before finally cutting out and now will not start at all , turns over but will not fire!!

ive looked on these forums etc and done the recommended, change both relay 409 and 428 , checked fuel puml for power and have just under 2 volts yet primes as normal upon opening the door, which to me suggests the pump works for it to prime?

i have changed the crank shaft sensor as also discovered there is no spark but still to no avail

the car will not even let an obd reader connect to car

upon turning on ignition all is the same except an electronic stability warning light now appears ?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
hi can anyone please help , i have a seat leon mk1 2005 petrol. car has always been fine until the other day, suddenly the car seemed like it was a about to cut out a couple of times but revived before finally cutting out and now will not start at all , turns over but will not fire!!

ive looked on these forums etc and done the recommended, change both relay 409 and 428 , checked fuel puml for power and have just under 2 volts yet primes as normal upon opening the door, which to me suggests the pump works for it to prime?

i have changed the crank shaft sensor as also discovered there is no spark but still to no avail

the car will not even let an obd reader connect to car

upon turning on ignition all is the same except an electronic stability warning light now appears ?
I take it the 2 volt part was a typo and it was meant to say 12v??

If you have you no spark on any cylinder then that is the key here I think. That coupled with the fact you can't connect to the car with an OBD reader would make me think that maybe the ECU or the wiring to the ECU is bad. AFAIK the only other thing that would give no spark is the crank sensor, and as you say you've already changed that.
I think checking you have power and ground to the ECU would be the next step.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.