XCELLENCE Lux Order

Dumpling

Jan 27, 2019
XCELLENCE Lux 1.0 TSI 115 PS in Desire Red ordered on 26th October 2018. Had a call from the dealer this morning to say the car has been built and is in transit. Will be available for a delivery this month if desired but I've said leave it until next month.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Same car and colour as my order which is due to be built in 2 weeks so hopefully due middle of March. I haven’t seen the Xcellence Lux in the flesh so can’t wait to see and drive one. I was lucky enough to test drive The FR Sport in Desire Red so have a rough idea of what it will look like especially as I’m having the FR’s rear diffuser and fake exhausts fitted by my dealer.

Reactions: Dumpling

Dumpling

Jan 27, 2019
Same car and colour as my order which is due to be built in 2 weeks so hopefully due middle of March. I haven’t seen the Xcellence Lux in the flesh so can’t wait to see and drive one. I was lucky enough to test drive The FR Sport in Desire Red so have a rough idea of what it will look like especially as I’m having the FR’s rear diffuser and fake exhausts fitted by my dealer.
I often wonder whether RH drive cars are produced in batches given far fewer will be produced than LH cars, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I too haven't seen an XCELLENCE Lux or even driven the latest generation Ibiza - I just relied on reviews. My car will be replacing an almost 10 year old Ford Fiesta Titanium so I'm confident cars have moved on in that time and am certain it will be a better overall drive.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My daughter also ordered the same car but in Mystic Blue so we should get them at the same time. I’m sure we will all be really pleased with our cars when we get them. The digital dashboard looks really nice at night.

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
Desire Red seems to be a popular colour. Not sure what week it was built but they may be twins!
If your dealer has only just informed you that it has been built and is now in transit makes me believe your's was built at the same time as mine. May even be sharing the same ship to the UK.

In fact, Seat have contacted me today saying that it will arrive in the Port of Sheerness within 2-4 weeks. I was given a shipping number (SHB453) but I'm unable to find it using marinetraffic.com

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I've got a Desire Red Xcellence Lux 115PS on order too! Can't wait for it to arrive. I've got confirmed for Build Week 7, so hopefully mid March delivery.

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
I've been updated with the ship's name and can now track it live. Aboard the Viking Diamond and it has just docked in Le Havre, France. I imagine the next stop would be the UK.

Dumpling

Jan 27, 2019
I've been updated with the ship's name and can now track it live. Aboard the Viking Diamond and it has just docked in Le Havre, France. I imagine the next stop would be the UK.
Many thanks for the information. Since leaving Barcelona I believe it docked in Tangier, (Morocco), Setubal (Portugal) and is due to dock in Zeebrugge (Belgium) at 0900 hours tomorrow. If my car is on this ship then not only do we have twins together but identical twins.

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
Thanks for the update!

Phone up Seat customer services (your dealer will be too slow) with your order number and they'll give you the most up-to-date information. Ask for the ship it's on.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for the update!

Phone up Seat customer services (your dealer will be too slow) with your order number and they'll give you the most up-to-date information. Ask for the ship it's on.
Has your car arrived at your dealership yet and if so have you got a collection date? I spoke to Laura (my sales lady) this evening and she said they are getting a few Xcelence Lux Ibiza’s in now, she was saying how nice they look.

Dumpling

Jan 27, 2019
I did phone SEAT Customer Services but of course they asked for the order number which I don't have. I did email my dealers last week for this but they're not being very communicative. I should phone them really but as my collection date will be next month I'm not too fussed. So I've no idea where my car is I'm afraid.

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
Has your car arrived at your dealership yet and if so have you got a collection date? I spoke to Laura (my sales lady) this evening and she said they are getting a few Xcelence Lux Ibiza’s in now, she was saying how nice they look.

It's Laura for me too. My car has now arrived and I'll be collecting it in the morning on the 2nd of March. Exciting times ahead.

I did phone SEAT Customer Services but of course they asked for the order number which I don't have. I did email my dealers last week for this but they're not being very communicative. I should phone them really but as my collection date will be next month I'm not too fussed. So I've no idea where my car is I'm afraid.

Phoning up the dealer (more likely to act there and then) for the order number would be the best move if you want to track how your order is doing

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
It's Laura for me too. My car has now arrived and I'll be collecting it in the morning on the 2nd of March. Exciting times ahead.

Phoning up the dealer (more likely to act there and then) for the order number would be the best move if you want to track how your order is doing
What colour did you go for? Laura is very good at her job isn’t she.

Dumpling

Jan 27, 2019
It's Laura for me too. My car has now arrived and I'll be collecting it in the morning on the 2nd of March. Exciting times ahead

I did receive an email from my dealer this morning saying the system was down and he will check the status of my car on Monday when it's is back up and running. If my car is still in transit he will send me the details. Apparently the reason why they don't offer these out is that SEAT are sometimes in conflict with what the dealers are saying and ultimately they are the ones that are dealing with orders so that is just to avoid confusion. I don't see why there should be any confusion as in this day and age I would have thought the same computer system should be being accessed.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
She's to the point, I'll give her that.

I went for desire red in the end
I went for the same colour. It was between that colour and Mystic blue. My daughter wanted the blue so I went for the red. Have you asked Laura to send you any pictures of your or been down to have a look at your car?

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
I did receive an email from my dealer this morning saying the system was down and he will check the status of my car on Monday when it's is back up and running. If my car is still in transit he will send me the details. Apparently the reason why they don't offer these out is that SEAT are sometimes in conflict with what the dealers are saying and ultimately they are the ones that are dealing with orders so that is just to avoid confusion. I don't see why there should be any confusion as in this day and age I would have thought the same computer system should be being accessed.

Seat are responsible for the order until it arrives at the dealership, not the dealer. I'm not sure why your dealer is suggesting Seat will provide you with conflicting information. Talking from personal experience, I was able to extract a lot more useful information from Seat than my dealer. It's up to you but you are within your rights to request the order number.

I went for the same colour. It was between that colour and Mystic blue. My daughter wanted the blue so I went for the red. Have you asked Laura to send you any pictures of your or been down to have a look at your car?

Mystic blue is nice too. I was deciding between eclipse orange and desire red before ultimately going with the latter.
I'm going to be patient and wait until collection day before I see it in person, but I did ask Laura last night for a couple of pictures. I'll upload them on this board once received.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.