Xennon Issue - Cupra

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Hey guys.

I have a problem with my headlight.

Driver side (like it make a difference) is out. I have purchased a new bulb - they arnt cheap and still hasn't solved the issue.

My next guess is the ballast. do you guys agree?

Also any idea where i can get one other than the obvious stealers at a ridiculous price.

How easy are the ballasts to remove as well?

I can see one screw holding it in, removed it and it wont budge so i assume there is another screw the other side - of course you can hardly get to it!

Is it a headlight out job?? I hope not! :(

Help please!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just a thought... Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Some have had issues with lights not working and this sorted it, must be to do with the canbus or something. Might save you some cash if it works.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Hey guys.

I have fixed it (for now at least).

I tried the battery trick seeing it on another thread. but i think this only applies to the aftermarket lights. It didnt work anyway.

I needed a new ballast which i got off ebay.

I do know a much easier way than taking the bumper off and light out.

Just take your arch lining out. You can get to the other bolt easily that way.

For info as well, its about £50 for a headlight or £50 for a ballast. Go for the ballast first as its usually the one thats gone. Or just swap your lights around to double check first.

The more you know!

Cheers guys!

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
I had the same issue. Firstly swapped the ballasts around to confirm it was that then got one off fleabay for £50

You do not need to remove anything in order to replace them. it's fiddly but bottom screws you can remove using a small screw driver with a UJ, a mirror and very flexible fingers!