Xenon Headlights conversion

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
i always thought aftermarket ones wer ilegal unless you have those ugly reflector headlamps?

having a look at that link kareemsafwat, i reccon he has got a pair of reflectors headlamps and an aftermarket kit, probably be the cheapest/easiest way.

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
i always thought aftermarket ones wer ilegal unless you have those ugly reflector headlamps?

having a look at that link kareemsafwat, i reccon he has got a pair of reflectors headlamps and an aftermarket kit, probably be the cheapest/easiest way.

If u checked page 4 on my link, u will see that he installed the OEM Xenon headlights using a converter (what i understood that it's used to make it fit to the standard cable) but he didn't get :
new bumper, new ECU's for headlights , AFS system < which are very costy when i made a mistake and asked for conversion to OEM Xenon headlights at seat's garage ;)

Now i'm confused whether to get the Boc xenon headlights or the Decatne led headlights

http://www.dectane.de/product_info....-seat-ibiza-6l-03-08---drl-optic---black.html

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
A collegue recently swapped the standard reflectors in his Golf GTi for these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Golf-Mk5-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cad293c05

He bought them for practical reasons. As well as the better light, he visits the continent frequently and hates putting covers over his lights for driving on the other side of the road.

I like the look of projectors, but I can't find any for the Ibiza that aren't completely hideous (and even if I could, it would be tough to find black ones for the Boc). I'll keep looking though.

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
have anyone here tried Dectane headlights for mk5 ibiza?

+

if I want to get genuine headlights but don't care about AFL, how much will it cost? My dealer said about £1500 with AFL system.

+

How much does standart halogen headlamps cost? Asking the one using H7.

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
Dectane headlights not a good idea, they drive on the right hand side of the road in germany, therefore the lights would not be configured for UK roads.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.