y spend 500 pounds on revo/jabba?

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
just to let everyone know who is considering getting there car remapped i have had mine done by www.chipzone.co.uk, they offer a stage 3 live remap for far cheaper than revo/jabba etc, they get there software from dimsport which im sure most people have heard of. The results were very good and the service was excellent, they even fitted my short shifter for free!!
would recommend them to anyone.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Because they are well established, have a huge customer base, and offer really good support.

I've never heard of chip zone ??

Chipzone Website said:
Full vehicle diagnostics, TV decoding, Millage Correction and lots more

Milage Correction ????

The site doesn't give any figures, dyno's or prices either ???

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Mileage correction.....Fiddling with the odometer to read less miles. Highly illegal!

Jabba offer rolling road and adjustable boost!
Revo offer SPS allowing changes of timing etc

I would imagine REVO/Jabba maps have been developed to a higher state and that the overall results would be better (more sustained/smooth) giving higher bhp/torque figures. Only my opinion as ive no knowledge of chipzone but people will pay more for a reliable/proven remap that gives them peace of mind

Last edited:

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
Mitchy said:
Mileage correction.....Fiddling with the odometer to read less miles. Highly illegal!

Jabba offer rolling road and adjustable boost!
Revo offer SPS allowing changes of timing etc

I would imagine REVO/Jabba maps have been developed to a higher state and that the overall results would be better (more sustained/smooth) giving higher bhp/torque figures. Only my opinion as ive no knowledge of chipzone but people will pay more for a reliable/proven remap that gives them peace of mind

i should b getting a rolling road test done soon will post the figures on here.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
jamzee500 said:
but i wasnt posting about that i was posting about there remapping....

Valid Point.. he was just stating the fact..

Lets not all get defensive!

Have you got any Power graphs or VAG COM logs?
EDIT: Just seen your last post :doh:

Would help back up any gains you may or may not state?

How does it feel? Have you driven or been in a REVO/JABBA car?

If so... opinion?

I drove a Jabba Ibiza Cupra on Saturday, runnign 1Bar, very smooth, not jerky like REVO, (but I like REVo ;) )

Mike

Last edited:

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
You're thinking of clocking. Milage correction is for when you need a new odometer because the original died and want it to read what the old one did. Only a slight difference but it means they can advertise it.

Of course if it was assumed that you wanted to get your newly fitted second hand odometer corrected when that wasn't the case then they couldn't be held responsible.:whistle: Same as back up copies of tom tom etc that you get off ebay.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
moved to turbo tuning, will also close your other thread and redirect here

keep it in one place please :)

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Valid Point.. he was just stating the fact..

Lets not all get defensive!

Have you got any Power graphs or VAG COM logs?
EDIT: Just seen your last post :doh:

Would help back up any gains you may or may not state?

How does it feel? Have you driven or been in a REVO/JABBA car?

If so... opinion?

I drove a Jabba Ibiza Cupra on Saturday, runnign 1Bar, very smooth, not jerky like REVO, (but I like REVo ;) )

Mike
havnt driven one but have been in my mates revo'd s3 and its seems just as quick as that

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Should be slightly quicker than an S3 due to weight and 4wd Tx losses! He'll obviously grip better on the line and in the damp/wet but up on the move you should be edging ahead as you'll have a higher bhp at wheels:)

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
Mitchy said:
Should be slightly quicker than an S3 due to weight and 4wd Tx losses! He'll obviously grip better on the line and in the damp/wet but up on the move you should be edging ahead as you'll have a higher bhp at wheels:)

il tell him i want a race on a sunny day then ;)

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
I have been in contact with ChippedUK and have been quoted £295 all in for a remap (upto 260-270bhp) and this includes a before and after rolling road power run. It isn't a generic map either, and is done 'live' on your own car.

They have apparently done about 20 LCR's now, so should know what they're doing.

Seems a very good price & package to me....

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
Spanky said:
I have been in contact with ChippedUK and have been quoted £295 all in for a remap (upto 260-270bhp) and this includes a before and after rolling road power run. It isn't a generic map either, and is done 'live' on your own car.

They have apparently done about 20 LCR's now, so should know what they're doing.

Seems a very good price & package to me....
that's what i got done, minus the rolling road because they came to my house i payed 300 for sum reason though? may be cos they came to my house i guess.

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
jamzee500 said:
that's what i got done, minus the rolling road because they came to my house i payed 300 for sum reason though? may be cos they came to my house i guess.

For that price I would need to drive 113 miles to Bromsgrove....

Compared to other map'd 1.8T cars, how does your car now perform...??
Very interested to know.......

jamzee500

jamzee500
Apr 3, 2006
camberley, surrey
Spanky said:
For that price I would need to drive 113 miles to Bromsgrove....

Compared to other map'd 1.8T cars, how does your car now perform...??
Very interested to know.......
As i stated eariler :p it performs very similarly to my mates revo'd s3(havnt raced him yet but have been in it),
Dont know of anyone in my area with a remapped lcr so have nothing to compare to other than that, i will post rolling road results as soon as i know.

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
Jason is well known(CHIPPEDUK) esp on other forum sites ie UK-mkivs.net and they were at GTi Inters recently too. so they are not cowboys, only thing you dont get is a Switch to turn your map on and off.

they have a great place and rollers too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.