Yellow FR Noobie

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Thought I better introduce myself, iv recently bought a yellow 56 plate Seat Ibiza FR with a forge front mount, forge pipe work and remap to 190bhp at the wheels, rather happy with it and so glad to be back in a vag car, been trying the Jap and French options over the last couple of years, (facepalm) lol got the usual plans for her but il pop a project thread up when I have the time.
Also the car came with the forum sticker so was wondering if anyone knows the car or previous owner, the reg ends RYR if that helps, I would post a picture but I'm guessing i have to post a couple times before I can add photos?
Anyway Hello everyone!!

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Welcome along boss. You said you tried jap and French cars...what did you try that was jap? Not to interested about the French side :p I was out in my mates S14 the other night and it made me smile a lot!

15 post up and you can post some pictures :)!

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
I had a scooby mate, although my mates called it the pooby!! Lol and yer don't blame you not being interested in the French crap lol but having them did mean I could afford the Ibiza :D lol my brothers got a silvia, all drift speced up!! Absolute animal!! Lol and most of my mates have skylines/silvias but my god they are awful inside!! Lol
And thanx mate, thought it would be something like that

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
welcome!

I've had a s14a 200sx and it was a right beast! Similar power to my LCR but it felt like it wanted to kill me every time I booted it! lol
Also had a Civic type R, loved that too but the insurance was just stupid!

Welcome from another noob!

Andy

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Lol yer I'd never drive my brothers silvia, I'd end up killing myself at some stupid speed goin sideways!! Lol :p lol

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Lol, my brothers spins up in 5th in the dry!! Lol he has nearly stacked it a couple of times when iv been out with him!! So easy to ova step the mark in a car like that but awesome fun for that brief moment before you hit the tree!! Lol

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
lol yea, it's awesome though when you catch it stepping out and control it. I did it a few times with people in the car. Acting cool on the outside while panicking like hell on the inside lol!

"yeh, of course I was in total control!"

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
I had a scooby mate, although my mates called it the pooby!! Lol and yer don't blame you not being interested in the French crap lol but having them did mean I could afford the Ibiza :D lol my brothers got a silvia, all drift speced up!! Absolute animal!! Lol and most of my mates have skylines/silvias but my god they are awful inside!! Lol
And thanx mate, thought it would be something like that

Haha why the pooby? It wasn't a flat 2l non turbo was it? :p haha that's for sure the insides are awful! Nothing a few £££ couldn't sort out, I'm currently 'in the market' for a S13 for a project/drift car. Once you get your posts up pop a pic of this S14 up too...guilty pleasure :p

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Lol I'm afraid to say it was an N/A (facepalm) lol but my friends weren't complaining when we had all the snow a couple of years back!! Lol love the s13!! Such a evil lil car!! :p lol yer il pop some photos up of her when iv reached my post count mate

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Lol I'm afraid to say it was an N/A (facepalm) lol but my friends weren't complaining when we had all the snow a couple of years back!! Lol love the s13!! Such a evil lil car!! :p lol yer il pop some photos up of her when iv reached my post count mate

Haha you brought it on yourself :p did you have the job of pulling them out of the snow? They're awesome little sliders!! Sweet good lad. Have you got anything in mind for your Ibiza?

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Lol I know :,( lol just couldn't help myself when I saw it, yer think I helped nearly all of my friends out of snow banks and ditches!! Best thing was coming in fully sideways and covering them in snow when I turned up and then saying "that's how you do it!!" Lol well my Forge 008 turned up today :p so il b fitting that over the weekend then goin to refurb the wheels and spray the sidestrips when I finally get some time off work!! then I'm thinking stage 2 as I now have the POWER bug!! Lol but not sure if I could deal with the epically low mpg!! Hard enough goin from 60-70mpg to mid 30s!! Lol

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Lol I know :,( lol just couldn't help myself when I saw it, yer think I helped nearly all of my friends out of snow banks and ditches!! Best thing was coming in fully sideways and covering them in snow when I turned up and then saying "that's how you do it!!" Lol well my Forge 008 turned up today :p so il b fitting that over the weekend then goin to refurb the wheels and spray the sidestrips when I finally get some time off work!! then I'm thinking stage 2 as I now have the POWER bug!! Lol but not sure if I could deal with the epically low mpg!! Hard enough goin from 60-70mpg to mid 30s!! Lol

Where were you when I needed you?! :p nah luckily I didn't come off the road once in the leon! Ahhh excellent choice dude, I'm running an 008 get a open cone air filter whacked on vroom 'tshh' ;) yeah I'm going to go straight stage 2 but I want to make her look good before I tinker with her engine. Might sound abit...backwards to some :p you on Instagram?

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Lol even my scooby struggled around here, although that was more to do with hight issues!! Lol was goin to get a forge splitter valve but after havin a butchers around on here I thought I better not!! Lol couldn't sit here with the 008 sat here so hav gone out and stuck her on lol can't hear much but have the standard airbox with a pipercross air filter so can't imagen the tshhh can escape!! Lol is ther any induction kits you can recommend? Na doesn't sound backwards to me mate, I'm a panel beater/sprayer! Lol luckily the bodywork is virtually mint on mine :D lol have got some plans for the bodywork but I'm far to lazy so that'll be some time yet lol na sorry not on Instagram mate

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Did you have it sump grinding? Thank god you chose the 008 over the split-R my mate has one on his Ibiza and I think it sounds dink, had a few issues with it too! You will want to pull that air box out and replace it with open cone, have a look at jetex open cones online mate nout but good things to say as many on here :) oooo a sprayer, how much to powder coat my 3SDMs metallic purple? :p

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Did have her teetering on a snow bank and had my friend and his misses in the car, felt the back wheels loose grip but didn't say anything, then all of a sudden booted it, spun round about 90 degrees n then she griped :D epic drift!! And made out to my mates I meant to do it!! Lol spot on fella, il get on eBay and get a Jetex one today at somepoint :D lol Mmmmmm you have 3SDMs!! :p lol but sorry we don't do powder coating, not yet anyway lol it's only a small bodyshop at the moment, only been open a year!! Lol

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Haha! Awesome, well il be sure to let Len know you didn't mean it :p good call mate...let the modding begin :p yeaaaaah buddy they're sitting at the bottom of my bed waiting to be painted and the tyres to actually turn up! Can't wait, juicy 15mm spacers for the back on the way too! Mate most businesses are lucky to be open a year! It'll grow :) where abouts you from?

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Lol did u mean "il let them know"? Lol what 3SDMs have you got mate? I'd love a set of 0.01 but don't think they will fit :,( lol what tyres you gettin?
Luckily both me and the guy who owns the company worked someplace else before so have stollen all ther trade as the companies that used us found out it was us 2 that was doin the work :D we got a contract with AC Schnitzer and 4 of the biggest car sales places in the area so have always got cars comin thro!! Fingers crossed this year will be a busy 1 and then we can move into a bigger place as we share the yard with another company and are always pushed for space!!
I live in the lush place that is........ Norfolk Kings Lynn!! Lol but I'm from Canvey Island in Essex, not sure if that's any better than kings binn tho!! Lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Welcome to the forum mate,

The car has a P-Torque stage 1 map and Forge Seat Sport syle cooler, Whiteline RARB and Audi TT front brake conversion, I know this because the car you are describing was my old one :) at it's peak it made just over 220bhp after Forge did their bits.

Look after her ;)

Choppin

Jul 2, 2013
Alo mate!! didnt think I'd find you this quick!! Lol 1st thing I have to thank you for lookin after her that well!! Honestly been cared for :D lol can I just ask how did the dent in the rear 1/4 get ther? Such a random place to get a dent? Lol the garage I bought her from managed to get the dent out tho :D lol that would explain the huge front breaks then!! Lol 220bhp you say!! :p the dyno printout says something like 220bhp but says 190.2bhp at the wheels, honestly believe it as my god she flys!! Lol
And don't you worry, she will be well pampered in my ownership :D lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.