Zymol Cleaner Wax - 3 Weeks On

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
no you just polish like a girl:p:lol:

no i too was like you, putting loads on, half way round the car my arm was killing, till i learnt that you only need to apply a very thin layer and not cake it onto the car, easier to wipe on and off and also your supply of wax lasts longer

Haha, thought I would get a wise guy comment.

Its car wash time tonight so will try with a smaller amount. Kind of like my hench right arm though, doesn't look right next to my puny left arm though!!

CleanYourCar

Zymol cleaner wax is ok, it's actually made by turtlewax. For durability try collinite 476 or chemicalguys jetseal 109.

Neil.

For 3 weeks of unwashed beading that does look pretty good though!

I'm not sure why people keep quoting JetSeal as very durable. No one has had it on their car for more than about a month yet it's being haled as a wonder product. I can guarantee Carlack/Klasse Sealant Glaze will outlast it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Thats not quite true Tim, I've been using Jetseal since April.

Besides, there was a time when Klasse was new too.

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
ive used Zymol cleaner wax. and think its great. im no expert im just getting in to the detailing lark. but have found that after claying and putting the Zymol cleaner wax on it lasts 3 to 4 weeks. is there any thing else i should be using?

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Yeah instead of using the cleaner wax after claying, use the proper wax. That will last even longer. ;)

Fish

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
From what I've read P21s does not last too long, it does give a very nice finish tho.
Zymol titanium should last longer but you need to use their hd cleanse before the wax it will be alot more expensive.

Neil

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
CHemical h-guys 50/50 is a brill wax aswell as There Pete's 53 wax. Also Victoria concourse, is also a great wax that punchs well above its asking price.

There around the £25 mark, alot cheaper than the Zymol.

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
CHemical h-guys 50/50 is a brill wax aswell as There Pete's 53 wax. Also Victoria concourse, is also a great wax that punchs well above its asking price.

There around the £25 mark, alot cheaper than the Zymol.

Some very good waxes there, won't go wrong with any of them.

Neil.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
You shouldnt need the HD cleaner if you've just clay barred it.

Fish

Fishy

May 16, 2005
OK cool. I still think I need teaching on how best to apply the titanium that I have.

Fish

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
OK cool. I still think I need teaching on how best to apply the titanium that I have.

Fish

Store the wax in the fridge, when you want to use it take it out of the fridge and leave it at room temp for a day.
Take some wax out with your fingers and let the heat of you hands soften the wax, apply the wax as thinly as possible, a little goes a long way.
Leave the wax to cure for about 5 mins then remove with a microfibre cloth.
If you want to apply a second layer wait 24hours then go again. The more layers the more durable the finish will be and will look better :D

Thanks,
Neil.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Neil, you're a top fella. Just need it to stop raining and work to give me some time off.

Fish

Island Cupra

Apr 10, 2007
Jersey, Channel Islands
Highly recommend the Zymol Carbon wax, just done my brothers car after a full HD Cleanse great result

DSC01958.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise