Fellow stage 2 dpf delete leon fr owner long term reviews

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
ive been in a custom code vRS De-DPF and ill tell you its not as quick as a stage 1 TFSI plain and simple. I believe he has since moved away to other software which he thinks is well ahead of the CC software.

The fact that you guys put it on par with a standard VXR proves that as i know from multiple experiences that a stage 1 TFSI has the legs on a std VXR everytime.

Im still very tempted though. What basis are you saying a hybrid will not make more power though? surely when they sdtart changing the compressor wheels etc to enabl it to flow more air, thenm more power is achievable. Also what turbo are guys upgrading to? any links to builds?

Sy

The one i played with was not standard and there was zero in it, i personally think the fr would have the legs on a standard vxr.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
So in essense then probably neigh on identical to a stage 1 TFSI then in your opinion. what software are you with?

Think id be tempted with shark de-DPF software after hearing peoples comparisons with CC.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
So in essense then probably neigh on identical to a stage 1 TFSI then in your opinion. what software are you with?

Think id be tempted with shark de-DPF software after hearing peoples comparisons with CC.

I wouldn't say identical. Ultimatly the stage 1 tfsi is a faster car but i think upto 3 figures the stage 2 would give it a fright, but obviously could be wrong. I'm just trying to find you a link mate think it's INA engineering but don't quote me on it with a turbo development. I don't know the ins and outs as far as no more power being available from the hybrid turbo, but i think it's essentially not big enough for the extra boost over say 250bhp.
Shark Performance, do not have as high peak figures, apparantly because shark are more interested in reliability. The Custom Code WILD map that most of us have installed according to CC was mapped for aggresiveness and for peak figures and the only way to do that is for the map to have a very aggresive throttle response, apparantly the Shark map is a bit more controlled from what i have read. Which is no bad thing but i guess you go for what you feel is best:)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dont mean to put a damper on things but custart code do well and truely suck!!!

They think there maps are unbeatable but every single event be it a rr day or 1/4 mile day get spanked left right and centre.

The fact that Revo decided not to tune this engine should tell you something sy ;)

The new cr tdi thingy though is a different kettle of fish and can be tuned without problems.

Im deffinatly no expert on the diesel engine though, neither the tfsi come to think of it :lol:

Im pretty sceptical of the 240hp these put out after Andrewjb's managed 200 at the awesome gti day, carnt remember if he had any issues though.

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Dont mean to put a damper on things but custart code do well and truely suck!!!

They think there maps are unbeatable but every single event be it a rr day or 1/4 mile day get spanked left right and centre.

The fact that Revo decided not to tune this engine should tell you something sy ;)

The new cr tdi thingy though is a different kettle of fish and can be tuned without problems.

Im deffinatly no expert on the diesel engine though, neither the tfsi come to think of it :lol:

Im pretty sceptical of the 240hp these put out after Andrewjb's managed 200 at the awesome gti day, carnt remember if he had any issues though.

Yeh as far as i'm aware Andrew does have a couple of problems, his downpipe is being replaced as it is broken, and turbo problems....

I know what your saying Rob, i'm in no way saying Custom Code are great with all there maps especially on petrol turbo VAG cars, but i'm fairly confident it's around the 230-240 mark after 4 different rolling road recordings.
It all depends what you want, it certainly is not the fastest car ever lol! BUt for a diesel it shifts and gives good economy if you can bare with the tractor noise lol

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Down pipe is all fixed,Was leaking in a few places including around where a sensor goes in

As Dave @ Sere said if my Turbo had had it, it would just blow up,it feels fine tbh

Shark Performance have invited me to test out their DPF Delete map, but i havent got time and cba spending more money on it

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Yeh as far as i'm aware Andrew does have a couple of problems, his downpipe is being replaced as it is broken, and turbo problems....

I know what your saying Rob, i'm in no way saying Custom Code are great with all there maps especially on petrol turbo VAG cars, but i'm fairly confident it's around the 230-240 mark after 4 different rolling road recordings.
It all depends what you want, it certainly is not the fastest car ever lol! BUt for a diesel it shifts and gives good economy if you can bare with the tractor noise lol

Thats fair enough making a compromise between performance and economy. I couldnt remember wether there was anything wrong with his car but would explain the figures he got.

If your cars performing on the road then thats all that matters regardless of tuner.

If i was in Sy's position i would be going for the CR engine though if i had to choose just because its gonna be an improvment and sorting the dpf problem out.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Down pipe is all fixed,Was leaking in a few places including around where a sensor goes in

As Dave @ Sere said if my Turbo had had it, it would just blow up,it feels fine tbh

Shark Performance have invited me to test out their DPF Delete map, but i havent got time and cba spending more money on it

Good to hear you got it fixed mate, so no probs with turbo nah?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I dont think so seems fine, Turbo will still be making way next year tho for a bigger one if MOT allows

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Not Turbo's

Big rumours that cars 2008- Onwards that are fitted with a DPF must have their DPF/FAP (PUG version of a DPF) to pass a MOT

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London

nick reckons the shark performance DPF delete was notably better than the custom code map. I for one would never allow CC to work on my car, ever.

Id also consider a P-torque DPF delete, hear nothing but good things from either of these, yet CC has a long and prosperous list of unhappy customers

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh i am tempted with the Shark one if i get chance i might try it out, There maps are smokeless tho and i like my black smoke :cartman:

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Yeh i am tempted with the Shark one if i get chance i might try it out, There maps are smokeless tho and i like my black smoke :cartman:

and as james said to me... when have you ever seen a tuned TDI not making any black smoke! lol

He says it fuels more to keep the temps down thus the black smoke, other wise it would be bye bye turbo and injectors!

Im happy with my CC map and until another tuner delivers a leon TDI DeDPF to my front door to test that performs better than mine im sticking with proven CC DPF Delete!

Just my opinion

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
and as james said to me... when have you ever seen a tuned TDI not making any black smoke! lol

He says it fuels more to keep the temps down thus the black smoke, other wise it would be bye bye turbo and injectors!

Im happy with my CC map and until another tuner delivers a leon TDI DeDPF to my front door to test that performs better than mine im sticking with proven CC DPF Delete!

Just my opinion

Agreed P torque have had all the dpf regens because they coud not crack hidden files in the dpf delete and no longer perform it i believe

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
I spoke to Will at P-Torque at the beginning of the week and he said he can offer the map no problem whatsoever? I already have his stage 1, I am now contemplating going for the DPF delete from P-Torque. Does anyone know if you can buy the pipe on its own?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
This has just been posted on Briskoda by an MOT Tester

From 1st January 2012, the new test items will be:

Warning lights for the engine, airbags, main beam, electronic stability, brake fluid, electronic
parking brake, tyre pressure monitoring.

Light switches to check that front and rear work at the same time.

Headlamp adjuster presence.

Steering lock operation.

Seatbelt safety devices, no mechanical flags have been triggered to indicate a deployed seatbelt
pretensioner.

HID headlamps have washers and self levelling.

Visible wiring security and condition.

Battery security.

Engine mountings and the structure to which they are attached.

Power steering fluid, where the level can be seen without removing the reservoir cap.

Rear doors open from the outside.

Driveshaft gaitors, will include inner gaitors on front wheel drive, may even include a non steered
axle.

Ball joint dust cover condition.

Electrical testing of 13 pin tow bar sockets.

Leak detection test for LPG systems.

Fuel pipe condition.

Missing anti pollution equipment, catalyst or DPF.

There will be a new section introduced for inappropriate repairs or modifications, which may include things like stretched tyres, inappropriately low suspension.

From 1st September 2013 for cars registered after 24th July 2010,brake performance requirements will
change from 25% on a steered axle to 30% on all axles for imbalance, from 50% to 58% for service
brake efficiency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Bye Bye Leon TDI

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
which age cars will this affect though, I heard after June/July 2008 but no official word.

Mine is April 2008

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
if there going to be fair about it they should say either

from the start of when DPF's where brought in or from the date in 2012

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise