Fellow stage 2 dpf delete leon fr owner long term reviews

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
lol at shitting youselfs over the new dpf regs.

I'm not at all, if it fails an mot then the car gets put back to standard and it goes, its coming up 3 year old now so time for a change any how.

Still have a year left to run the car in which time the car will then be 4 years old.

I'm not worried at all.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
My First MOT is in 2011 so before the rules come in so i have atleast a year and half before i need to be worried

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
My car is September 2006 and has had an MOT whilst no DPF on. With the hike on insurance meaning my missus can't get insured (reasonably), an injector going and now what seems to be a sensor fault. I think mine will be gone this year hopefully.

I'd pay the same tax and less insurance on a 330d.

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
So im not the only one who has noticed massive price hike on insurance policys! My FR TDI last year was £330 with Swiftcover and i've just been informed my renewal this year is £960!

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Standard with just me was about £400, £600 with the better half. Got a quote after declaring mods, £900. Dropped her and it's about £700.

Her car insurance has gone up too though. No claims anywhere.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
if the MOT regs cover for cars from 2008 then mine is fine as it is a october 2007 car. If mine is covered i have just over a year and a half to get hold of a dpf or borrow one off a mate :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/Special Notice 01-11.pdf

Item 1: Diesel Smoke Limits from 01 July 2011
On 01 July 2011 the diesel smoke limit for vehicles first used on or after 01 July 2008 will be reduced to a maximum of 1.5m-¹. As advised in SN 3 – 2010 all diesel smoke meters require an update to test to the new limit on this date.

Does anybody whos had there DPF Deleted TDI have there MOT Test to hand? does it tell you on there what your car produced on the smoke test?

AlteaTDIFR

Shark Performance

Just a quick tale, monday, 3 weeks ago, Dpf and engine management lights come on, car goes into limp mode.... bo$$ocks!. I'm a courier and use the car for work, Despite some strange looks, i manage to get the car home without any further mishaps!
After a night spent on the internet trying to access my options 9:30 the next morning finds me on the phone to a couple of companies, the first, a local tuner was obviously so busy they hadn't had time to switch their answerphone off! Next in line was Shark Performance of Mansfield. "Ben" answered the phone, explained my options and upon being told i used the car for work, he even managed to fit me in for a Dpf delete and remap the next day.
So, after another interesting drive of approx 95 miles in limp mode, (overtaking down hills, then being passed by the same cars up the hills!!!) i arrived at "Shark" hq at about
9:15 on wednesday morning. Left the car with Ben and walked into the centre of Mansfield, soon found it's not the centre of the universe, but managed to amuse myself until about 2 o'clock.
Walked back to Shark to be told car was just being remapped and would be sorted soon.
4:15 all ready, pay £670, and depart, drive home was much more enjoyable, with the short term impressions very good indeed.
Now, 2500 miles later, (total mileage 131.000) i can only say how pleased i am with the work, car achieves about an extra 35miles per tankfull, i even saw over 51mpg on the computer once!, NO excess smoke, and the extra, approx 35 bhp brings a smile to my face everytime i use it! Car is also much nicer to drive, seems to rev much more freely now, no sense of something holding me back and of course, no strange burbling noises at traffic lights whilst Dpf is doing its job. (i do miss that a bit!)
Yes, i do now have the occasioal "pd stutter" under hard acceleration, but nothing to put me off!
Sailed through the MOT on wednesday, just a couple of tyres to lighten my wallet.
So, at the end of the day, yes i would rather not have had to spend my hard earned cash, but all in all, this was money well spent!
If anybody else is thinking about it, give "Ben" a ring, 0871 2211 281, I can't recommend "Shark" enough, helpful, friendly and most importantly, at the end of the day, i've got exactly what i wanted/was promised.

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
I'd be interested to know about this Shark Remap , as i took my car there for some diagnositics and he took a copy of my CustC MAP??????? :think:

Lol shark is obviously not that good.... Last thing I heard from shark that there was no stutter what so ever..... B0ll0cks when compared to the small review above.

Shark may be a good company but I think he/ they seem to think they are the best. But taking a copy of a competitor's map is strange.

Yeah custom code may not be the best for other vehicles but for the DPF I cannot recommend any one else but custom code. All people that got the DPF group buy in April 2010 seem very happy and 10,000 miles on no problem at all. Have tried both maps mild and wild and while the mild is the map that doesn't seem to stutter I wouldn't go back to it. Wild all the way!

My mot is due in April and have been told it would pass by a mechanic just looking at the exhaust smoke so hopefully should be ok.

Just my 2p worth

AlteaTDIFR

Can only give you my experience, i drive approx 140-200 miles a day, 6 days a week. I've only felt the "stutter" under very hard acceleration about 10 times in the almost three weeks since the remap.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
My biggest dissapointment is the distint lack of improvement in fuel economy. So I am going to ask Ben @ Shark for a more aggressive map.

AlteaTDIFR

My biggest dissapointment is the distint lack of improvement in fuel economy. So I am going to ask Ben @ Shark for a more aggressive map.

My remap gives me approx 205bhp, from a 2.0 turbocharged engine.... i do anything between 40- 110 engine stop starts a day... i get over 46mpg, up from around 42 pre remap. I'm sure if i did longer runs my average would improve still further, but i can't see how thats disappointing!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.