2004 Leon Cupra TDI Black Magic

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Nice looking car mate.
How much were the LED fog light bulbs? if you dont mind me asking.

THanks man!

Here's the link, I emailed the lady to ask her would they suit (just making sure as I did a lot of research on here beforehand, she said they would and they do.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380392194388&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:1123

It'll be cheaper for you if you live in Britain, I'm a paddy!

One thing to note: If you get em the wires have to be swapped around. This is a common thing with these, it takes 2 mins to swap em around on the light because they won't work otherwise. I'm very happy with em so far. They are meant to go whiter over the next few times I use em.

rob-d

Very nice looking car, well done.

I'm thinking of upgrading from my TDI 110 to an FR or FR+ but they're extremely rare in Ireland. Did you have any problems with regard finding the car and importing it? I won't be looking to change for another couple of months but I just wanted to know what I'm letting myself in for.

I also got the LED H3s but they stayed blue so I reverted back to the OEM bulbs.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Hi,

I see you're in Galway! So am I! I could give you a spin in it and you can see what you think. I found her on autotrader.ie. I put in .ie to see Irish cars but this lad accepted euro, he imported from england and I bought it in Belfast for €5,450 wit 54k on the clock. There's one exactly like mine for sale in Galway but has 155k on the clock.

Mine aint turning white, still blue, but sure feck it I'll stick with them. I'll be around for the rally next sat nite, there's usually 100's of yokes around done up.

dixyman666

Dec 5, 2011
Cornwall
thats the same colour as my car :)
seatleon5.jpg

seatleon.jpg

seatleon4.jpg

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
A pure beauty!

Was looking up your build thread, she must be a beast to go!

What ft lbs of torque is she putting out?

What clutch and flywheel did you go for smf/dmf?

Love the wheels!

dixyman666

Dec 5, 2011
Cornwall
thanks mate
yea ive only just had the chance to start a build page
tbh i dont know ive had it remapped and the mapper i use in cornwall said itll be around the 190-200bhp but im taking my turbo to cr turbos and ther making my original one into a hybrid so that i can get around the 250bhp mark, then ill get it remapped and dyno'd etc again
im going for this clutch kit as it was recommended to me and will cope with the bhp torque etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260769001...01713&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

n yea i think the wheels are the best bit about the car lol ive never seen these Porsche 996 turbo wheels on another leon :) they fit perfect in the arches but im guna put them on ebay soon as ive just ordered some brand new porsche wheels :)

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
There's another lad running 200+ bhp in a black fr leon on here with porsche wheels search Andy fr180.

Looks like a savage setup, that clutch.

Jeez ul leave type r's for dead! Imagine yours was 4wd! Now that would be class. Yours must wheelspin like feck!

Any idea of what psi your peaking at? The boost gauge is one of the best things i've installed for keeping an eye on boost levels, seeing what revs are best to hit for optimum acceleration when a tin can is up your arse etc!

dixyman666

Dec 5, 2011
Cornwall
hahaa omg ive just seen his page and my wheels are his old wheels !! hahaa he sold his car to my mate and i had the wheels off it !! so thers still only one leon with these wheels on !! get in hahaa

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
You lucky man with those wheels, god they look savage.

Haven't yet. I'm modding a few bits first. I'm working on a cold air intake, i have smoothed out the airbox and that has helped. I've gone around all the intercooler pipes and tried sealing them up well to cope with extra boost. I took out the cat and put in a 3" straight pipe and egr disconnected after a huge amount of gunk built up in it, (you can see a pic on the 1st page of this). When I have the air intake done, maybe a few more tweaks with the intercooler pipes to seal them up well I'll get her done.

Actually, speaking about awesome clutches. you should look at Awesome GTI's clutch deal, meant to be very light on the foot and no juddering. I had a look yest, sounds very reasonable. But I'm over in éire you see and bloody postage costs a lot!

How do you find yours on diesel? Say if you were driving her with the in-laws in her and had to drive normally (!) would she better or worse on diesel after re-map?

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
You have a few choices in the TDi leons (Mk1):

110 (red 'i')
130 Top Sport
150 Fr and Cupra TDi

Mk 2 Leon Fr is 170 bhp

All upwards and including 130 are 6 speed.

rob-d

I think I've seen your car around DarrenJ, mine's in Ovni Yellow, with a mesh grille and angel eyes. I won't be around for the rally at the weekend but thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it!

That sounds like a very good deal you got for a car with only 54k. I'd be looking for one with no more than 120k.

In relation to clutches I keep seeing the Sachs kit used with remapped PD 150s, it seems to be the popular choice.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Ovni yellow! Nice! The only ovni yellow i see is a TDi SE 130 2002 that's always parked at Dunnes Stores at Terryland.

Yeah the Sachs seems like the only one to go for, as long as it's not heavier coz the OEM are heavyish, esp when you're stuck in traffic anyway!

Whereabouts in Galway are you? You work/at college?

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Nice car! ;)
Could you post a close up picture of the wind deflectors? Personally I didn't really like the mudflaps. They seem to be screaming RALLY to me! But then again, you might just be r(e)ally into that! ;)

rob-d

That's actually my car, the previous owner changed the badge, I saw no reason to remove it. That's where I work unfortunately, I've returned to NUIG to finish off my degree in English and History so I'm either in college or work.
Have you looked into getting wind deflectors for the rear windows? I can't seem to find them although I've seen a couple of Leons on the forum with them.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
That's actually my car, the previous owner changed the badge, I saw no reason to remove it. That's where I work unfortunately, I've returned to NUIG to finish off my degree in English and History so I'm either in college or work.
Have you looked into getting wind deflectors for the rear windows? I can't seem to find them although I've seen a couple of Leons on the forum with them.

Nice machine, I saw the HIDS - very nice touch! I like the bee sting antenna too!

Love the colour. I think i saw you on the road once when I was late for work and was tearing up the road trying to beat traffic! She's 110 brake or 130? Jeez spent me time in NUIG too! Did 2 year masters there! Great spot. Must meet ya sumtime for a look at yours.

I got mine from Fk performance in sligo €50 for each set posted to your door. THey're 65e in galway. Feck that!

Em I spose I will look into it actually now you mention it, they are tinted too, which is nice on the black car anyway.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
More plans ?

Hi Tingle, what ya drivin lad!?

Well I have been wanting to customise my car from OEM as much as possible to suit wat I want.

Cosmetics were first, ya can see what I've done. LED white festoons just went into the reg plate, didn't like the blue ones as much as white coz she's a black car.

More cosmetics - maybe wind deflectors for rear doors - 50 bob posted to my door.

Wheel spacers - I will research this, to help handling, and fill up arch a bit.

Apart from that, I'm happy cosmetically. Don't want to overkill it!

Performance - did a lot of research on here about induction in the tdi pd engines. That's why I made my own job, that works a treat. Don't know if an uprated panel filter on its own will help if it aint getting more air. I can now at least try a panel filter (Green Cotton is what I would try) with my (HOOVER) system.

Chipping the car! Hmmmm! Now that I have some things done to the engine, in fact, all I think I can reasonably do, I'm now in a position to consider mapping it. My boost gauge lets me know when my mods help, and now if I chip it, I'll see exactly how much more it's boosting.

I would mild map it - 170-175 bhp and 270-275 ft lbs to be honest. My mods have made a dif so it should be pushing over the 150, it feels it anyway. I gave a vtech civic a good run the other nite after my induction job and i wouldn't normally have kept near them.

The sound system is good in it, I'll put up a pic soon - sony 200 watt head unit and 6 cd changer with remote control etc, bluetooth etc.

You have any recomendations for me yourself?

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Nice car! ;)
Could you post a close up picture of the wind deflectors? Personally I didn't really like the mudflaps. They seem to be screaming RALLY to me! But then again, you might just be r(e)ally into that! ;)

Hi,

I got that chrome kit for mine for the grilles and it didn't fit, think it was for the finned grille on standard cars, even though I got the part numbers from a guide on here.

Did you have to modify them or did they fit straight on?