2004 Leon Cupra TDI Black Magic

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
uuhm. Not following. You lost me at chrome.:shrug:
I was speaking of wind deflectors, and your mudflaps. I have neither ;)

Last edited:

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Nice car! ;)
Could you post a close up picture of the wind deflectors? Personally I didn't really like the mudflaps. They seem to be screaming RALLY to me! But then again, you might just be r(e)ally into that! ;)

Here you go:

DSCN0408.jpg

They were €50 posted to my door, better than the €65 the shop near me wanted!

What I was talking about was the chrome grille surrounds. I got a set but they must have been for the standard leons (not leons with honeycomb grille) because they wouldn't go on my grilles at all.

Here's a pic:

DSCN0413.jpg

I need flat grilles, these ones look like they sit over fins like the grilles in the FR+ or in the standard leons.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Cold Air Feed D.I.Y.

Bought a length of 40mm hoover pipe (12 pound)

Drilled a hole in airbox and inserted it and sealed around it later.

DSCN0393-1.jpg

Ran this pipe down to front passengers scoop on the bumper. There are two pipes, the one in the pick below which runs from the scoop and into the bay, and this pipe then connects to the fronts scoop which is about 10 inches wide - I'm happy this will pick up enough air. Here's a pic of hoover pipe sitting in the pipe going to scoop. I did the needful to attach this to this pipe, as it was wider diameter.

DSCN0394-1.jpg

I didn't want to get rid of the OEM air pipe after I found out that the battery tray is in the way of putting a bigger pipe from the airbox to the front bumper.

Car is pulling better definitely. Cheap 12 pound mod!

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Sony 200 watt head unit and 6 cd changer

Wanted to keep cd changer from my last Leon (Sony) so I installed it along with my Sony headunit.

DSCN0400.jpg

I mix my own CD's so this set up suits me.

rob-d

Nice machine, I saw the HIDS - very nice touch! I like the bee sting antenna too!

Love the colour. I think i saw you on the road once when I was late for work and was tearing up the road trying to beat traffic! She's 110 brake or 130? Jeez spent me time in NUIG too! Did 2 year masters there! Great spot. Must meet ya sumtime for a look at yours.

I got mine from Fk performance in sligo €50 for each set posted to your door. THey're 65e in galway. Feck that!

Em I spose I will look into it actually now you mention it, they are tinted too, which is nice on the black car anyway.

Yeah I wouldn't mind having a look at your Leon, you've done a some of the mods I would have been thinking about. My car was remapped from 110 to 130 and I left it at that. I'll be changing up to an FR+ (hopefully) in a couple of months so I'm just researching how people got on with their mods at the moment, seeing what's the best way to go about them.

I love the yellow too, it was one of the reasons I bought the car in the first place, but it fades so bad! If I was keeping the car I'd definitely be respraying it to get it back to the original shade. When I change car I'm afraid I'll be changing colour too, preferably the platinum grey.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Yeah I wouldn't mind having a look at your Leon, you've done a some of the mods I would have been thinking about. My car was remapped from 110 to 130 and I left it at that. I'll be changing up to an FR+ (hopefully) in a couple of months so I'm just researching how people got on with their mods at the moment, seeing what's the best way to go about them.

I love the yellow too, it was one of the reasons I bought the car in the first place, but it fades so bad! If I was keeping the car I'd definitely be respraying it to get it back to the original shade. When I change car I'm afraid I'll be changing colour too, preferably the platinum grey.

Love the platinum greys alright. Rite o well if you want to take a look at it, my number is 086 3929107 so you can send me a text sometime and I can meet you. I actually live very close to Dunnes.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO

What I was talking about was the chrome grille surrounds. I got a set but they must have been for the standard leons (not leons with honeycomb grille) because they wouldn't go on my grilles at all.

I need flat grilles, these ones look like they sit over fins like the grilles in the FR+ or in the standard leons.

Ok, looks ok!
I got rid of my chrome surroundings as I didn't like the look of em. Previous owner ho had them mounted. You could have gotten mine, but I threw them! :p

rob-d

Here's the site I bought the angel eyes off.

essexstyling(DOT)com

Apparently I need to have 15 posts or more before I can link to other sites. Fair enough.

I remember now I had a little trouble finding right-hand drive lights when I was looking. These are RHD, but don't have a motor for raising and lowering the level, you've to swap over the one from your standard lights. Easy done. You would need the HID kit too though, it's what they're made for, light would be very poor otherwise.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Here's the site I bought the angel eyes off.

essexstyling(DOT)com

Apparently I need to have 15 posts or more before I can link to other sites. Fair enough.

I remember now I had a little trouble finding right-hand drive lights when I was looking. These are RHD, but don't have a motor for raising and lowering the level, you've to swap over the one from your standard lights. Easy done. You would need the HID kit too though, it's what they're made for, light would be very poor otherwise.

Sound thanks a million,

I want to look into it alrite.

Take a look at this yoke: yellow 99,500 miles. spotless!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2820443

And has leather seats!!

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Noticed a significant changes or improvements since the egr was cleaned out?

Liam.

Hi Liam, loving your machine. What a beauty!

Yeah it was running very bad, exhaust note changed, sounded like it was a petrol or sumtin!

Sounded like it was 'clicking' from running rich to lean, but this was just the egr stuck fully open with soot and letting too much fumes back into the inlet mani.

Since disconnecting it I feel the car is running better. The mani should stay cleaner now and help more air get in.

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
Here you go:

DSCN0408.jpg

Here's a pic:

DSCN0413.jpg

Do you want to sell those grills? I tried to get a set months ago but ebay had none left.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Little more work

Here's some things I did lately.

Debadging: Off with SEAT LEON

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Polish and Buff Up:

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

Pay cheque came in so went and bought two silly things I didn't need!

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

And something I DID need!!!

Driver's door seal (wasn't on the car when I got it first)

DSC00020.jpg

Then I thought I liked the look of the MK2 Leon letters on the back so got the letters (12 pound from dealer)

DSC00021.jpg

On car:

DSC00024.jpg

rob-d

Nice job with the debadging, you didn't go over the top with it. I received my wind deflectors from FK Performance, 4 piece set delivered for €50! Thanks for putting me on to them, I was looking for them for ages, couldn't find any that were reasonably priced.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Nice job with the debadging, you didn't go over the top with it. I received my wind deflectors from FK Performance, 4 piece set delivered for €50! Thanks for putting me on to them, I was looking for them for ages, couldn't find any that were reasonably priced.

You got the 4 pieces for €50! I only got the 2! You rekon it's worth getting the back door ones too?

rob-d

Yeah I was wondering if I should mention that I got the 4 piece for the same price as your 2 piece... Haha! I guess they just have a set price.

I personally prefer it with the back ones, it looks better in my opinion and I would always have the rear windows open a crack when I've the front ones open. It's up to yourself but I don't know how much you'd end up paying for them.

The L E O N's a nice touch by the way.