2004 Leon Cupra TDI Black Magic

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Yeah I was wondering if I should mention that I got the 4 piece for the same price as your 2 piece... Haha! I guess they just have a set price.

I personally prefer it with the back ones, it looks better in my opinion and I would always have the rear windows open a crack when I've the front ones open. It's up to yourself but I don't know how much you'd end up paying for them.

The L E O N's a nice touch by the way.

Yeah I shouldn't have asked just for the back two. I took a look at some yokes on here and they do look very nice. I wasn't gone on them before now, but never saw a full set in the flesh but I'm looking to spend a few more pound on it coz I'm working away lately. There's a VAG car meet in the underground carpark at Tesco in Oranmore tonight. My yoke is dirty as hell but twill have to do.

If you're around pop down. I've never been before, only heard bout it a while back.

Yeah I was very happy with it. Had the measuring tape out to see where would it best look. The later cupra's had these letters so said I'd make her look more modern. You done anything else with yours?

You spot any more nice FR's? There's a very cheap Cupra 180 20 valve turbo going on donedeal for very cheap, (slightly dubious but it would be a matter of giving her the once over). 2.5k would buy it! But it aint a diesel!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3096374

Compare that to:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3012509

Same year, nearly same mileage!

rob-d

I've my heart set on a platinum grey FR+ to be honest, love the diesel, not interested in the petrol engine.
I saw a very nice one that was reasonably priced but someone else had gotten in there before me unfortunately. That's the luck of these things, just have to keep my eyes open!
I've no other plans for my car, other than replacing the MAF and spraying that break caliper that was replaced. I'll be putting it up for sale at the end of the month then. No idea what price advertise, there's 144,000 thousand on the clock which will really put people off. The faded yellow might put them off too...

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
I've my heart set on a platinum grey FR+ to be honest, love the diesel, not interested in the petrol engine.
I saw a very nice one that was reasonably priced but someone else had gotten in there before me unfortunately. That's the luck of these things, just have to keep my eyes open!
I've no other plans for my car, other than replacing the MAF and spraying that break caliper that was replaced. I'll be putting it up for sale at the end of the month then. No idea what price advertise, there's 144,000 thousand on the clock which will really put people off. The faded yellow might put them off too...

Yeah stick with the diesel, they do over twice the mpg!

I'd say around €2,250 ish would be what I'd expect to see it for.

This is probably painful enough after you forked out for it, but the arse has fallen out of the market. I sold my last Leon just before things got bad, and it only de-valued by €500 a year while I had it, so that was €1500 over the 3 yrs from the price I paid for it (3750e).

Yeah the MAF is important, did mine at 63k, think my dad broke it cleaning it!

Try autotrader.ie too, they usually have very tidy machines, altho alot of them will be NI reg'd cars, that was how I got mine.

OR

Juice yours up to 150 and fit a 6 speed box!:funk:

rob-d

Yeah I'm keeping my eye on all the sites, I'd be willing to travel to Britain if the car's right.

It's depressing enough thinking about how little I'll be getting for mine but that's just the way it goes!

As for keeping my car, I've done what I wanted to with it, the plan was always to get an FR or FR+ eventually.

Any more plans with yours?

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Yeah I'm keeping my eye on all the sites, I'd be willing to travel to Britain if the car's right.

It's depressing enough thinking about how little I'll be getting for mine but that's just the way it goes!

As for keeping my car, I've done what I wanted to with it, the plan was always to get an FR or FR+ eventually.

Any more plans with yours?

Missed a bloody set of FR+ alloys, could have got them with tyres for €260!:(

I am getting a custom back box supplied and fitted by souhans. There's not much places that do them. Think just them and Callaghans in Letterkenny.

They allowed me to pick a tip I want and I started a poll (http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346573)

and it looks like the oval 6x4 inch is the one most people think looks the best, including me. I have ordered what I want, now I'm waiting for him to get back to me and I'll get it done. €250 all inclusive!

After that small things:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-I/Octavia-I-25th-Anniversary-pedals (Golf 25th anniversary)

OR

http://www.superskoda.com/Škoda/SUP...nal-Skoda-Autoas-stainless-steel-SPORT-pedals (tt Style)

Not sure about lowering it. We can't afford to go with any harder suspension with the roads!

rob-d

I hadn't spot the poll before, had a look through it and have to say the oval does look better. Before I would have said to stick with the dual pipes but now...

As for the pedals, I was thinking of getting that first set at one stage before but decided I wasn't that interested. Of the 2 you've linked I'd definitely go for the first set.

That's the thing with lowering the car, you'd have to think twice about using any back road. I live out the country and it's always in the back of my mind what it'd be like with a lowered car on them roads. It'd look better but you'd probably end up catching your splitter.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
I hadn't spot the poll before, had a look through it and have to say the oval does look better. Before I would have said to stick with the dual pipes but now...

As for the pedals, I was thinking of getting that first set at one stage before but decided I wasn't that interested. Of the 2 you've linked I'd definitely go for the first set.

That's the thing with lowering the car, you'd have to think twice about using any back road. I live out the country and it's always in the back of my mind what it'd be like with a lowered car on them roads. It'd look better but you'd probably end up catching your splitter.

Back home is a bog basically! Mind you, there's a few honda's that are more like hover craft than cars and they're ok, only because the suspension doesn't have an millimetre of give in it!

Yeah gonna get a set, might as well, sure they're about 90e to buy at the stealer's.

There's one car on that pole, the very last one, that's the one that makes me think a bit more about the twins!

Don't know what to expect down at this VAG meet. The lads on vagdrivers seem sound and they're all Irish bucks. I'd say tho that all the cars will be spotless and mine manky!

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
New Exhaust

Got myself a custom back box made up with my choice of tip which was a 6x4 oval like the cupra r job.

Out with the old and very heavy and restrictive box

DSC00054.jpg

Nice new Magnaflow small back box

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

The tip too

DSC00050.jpg

This is the tip, he gets the garage's name stamped on it, which I like, reminds me of the milltek!!

6x4OvalSlashRoll.gif

Nice growl off her now! But you wouldn't hear anything in the car itself barre you were in racing mode!:D

I'll get pics up on the car today

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Thanks man,

Ah she's grand, a little different anyway, there isn't too much of them about over here. Most of them have come from the UK, including this one.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Full set of FR+ alloys (same as cupra r but in 17"). Need refurbing so I'll get that done and slap them on.

Happy Out!

DSC00095.jpg

Few pics from the rear showing custom exhaust

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise