Galway, Ireland

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Got alloys back from being resprayed:

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

I think these have a greater offset than the starfish ones. They look like they stick out further in the arches.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Can see a few scratches and some stone chips. Some might be just dirt though, lol. Can point them out when i'm at the computer. Yeah I am, would say i'm 80% done with prepping the wheels. Still need to do hub rings, caps, screws, new valves and refit the tyres. Oh and give them a layer of wax ;-)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Nice car maybe I am slightly Biased - Much like mine

I need to take off my EGR and clean it as I have many more miles than you! Should be interesting - did you follow a guide, was it difficult?

Last edited:

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Them wheels came out nice. Good job with the refurb.

Ah they're grand. I sanded them down mostly and then he said he'd do it with an orbital sander.

He didn't fill in the odd scrape which pissed me off!

Apart from that they're grand, a lot heavier than the starfish ones!

They went on a Tolly!

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Nice car maybe I am slightly Biased - Much like mine

I need to take off my EGR and clean it as I have many more miles than you! Should be interesting - did you follow a guide, was it difficult?

Thanks! I got ideas from a few people on here.

I followed a guide on tdiclub, it was a step by step one. 5 allen bolts and off it comes.

It's disconnected at the moment. Gonna get it mapped out altoghether because it became sticky after cleaning it.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Can see a few scratches and some stone chips. Some might be just dirt though, lol. Can point them out when i'm at the computer. Yeah I am, would say i'm 80% done with prepping the wheels. Still need to do hub rings, caps, screws, new valves and refit the tyres. Oh and give them a layer of wax ;-)

That's dirt! He squirted washing up liquid around the rim when he was pumping them up and when they went bang! the stuff flew everywhere and looks like imperfections etc in the photo. Should have washed them.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks! I got ideas from a few people on here.

I followed a guide on tdiclub, it was a step by step one. 5 allen bolts and off it comes.

It's disconnected at the moment. Gonna get it mapped out altoghether because it became sticky after cleaning it.

What do you mean it went sticky after cleaning? i am thinking of doing mine but might leave it now, what did you use to clean it mate? i was going to use carb cleaner..? Josh.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
It's sticking opening and closed and she's not running right with it. Puffing out smoke one minute then exhuast note changes and it running cleaner. It's disconnected again now and it will be staying that way. Sorry environment :(

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
How easy does that grille come out? gunna do all my grilles black, also the badge i think! What are the measurements of your backbox? I dont have the money to get a Milltek full system yet, but really want a 6x4" tip! Josh

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Off with the long plastic cover above lights, clips off, 4 clips.
Philipps screw. Put your hand in between grill and radiator and lift the two clips on bottom of grill and push it out towards the front of the car. Out she comes. Easy enough.

Couldn't tell you what measurments. He had lots of boxes and that one suited the car.

Nice growl out of it especially with no cat in!

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Lacquered the front badge after it was put on.

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

Had more black paint left over so went and sprayed engine cover, window washer bottle (was blue) and plan to do coolant bottle lid too.

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

Want to clean up engine bay a bit.

Wonder should I lacquer the cover? Have some here anyway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise