Cupra R Rear Diffuser

Does anyone know if the new Cupra R rear diffuser is available for purchase?
I believe it was developed by MS Designs. Also with the Cupra R having a gloss back insert on the rear bumper and a gloss black diffuser, would the replacement (stand alone) part be that dark grey plastic as on the normal FR/Cupra... if you get me? Just a thought.

I know a few people are going to the trouble of making their own but if I was to give it a go i'd end up with the fins attached to my hands somehow... :redface:

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Yes it is see here

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263570

found a pic part number 1P0071061

boxed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris78
So unpainted does it match that rough feel plastic or not? looks smoother and darker on the photo's?
Can't afford £100 plus to paint the whole rear insert and diffuser so would consider the 3M stuff. I've found that stuff quite hard to install on things are rounded and have angles. Done a few cooper s scoops but used two pieces and not happy with the overlap and splice technique

willbr8132

Finished fitting mine last week, Supplied from david at sere then got local bodyshop to paint it gloss black. Quite tricky to fit and make exhaust to sut. Iv got pics but cant post them yet as i dont thave enough posts.

://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx70/willjbr/DSCF0003.jpg?t=1272812915
://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx70/willjbr/DSCF0006.jpg?t=1272813035
://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx70/willjbr/DSCF0008.jpg?t=1272813063

add http to the front of the links

Last edited by a moderator:

willbr8132

It comes as two parts, the actual diffuser that you see and a pice that pop rivets to the black insert on the bumper. The diffuser is then bonded onto this piece and attached with screws at the bottem. The black bumper insert needs to be cut piror to fitting to allow for the center exhaust pipes.

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
It comes as two parts, the actual diffuser that you see and a pice that pop rivets to the black insert on the bumper. The diffuser is then bonded onto this piece and attached with screws at the bottem. The black bumper insert needs to be cut piror to fitting to allow for the center exhaust pipes.
Cheers mate for clearing that up for me.

More work than I think I want to take on though. Damn.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.