new cupra 300 dsg

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi all have done just over a 1000 mile in the new 300 dsg cupra love it
just asking people there experience on the mode button as sport seems to be better than cupra mode
any info would be graet
cheers GHB:wtf:

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Jib don't feel really any difference putting it in cupra mode from sport mode as when its in sport mode from comfort mode that is when it turns from plain Jane to a demented Margaret you may get a little bit more holds on longer in cupra mode on the gear change but no extra drama that's just my opinion
but boy me you are travelling at serious pace in fact licence goodbye pace

cheers GHB

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hi Jib don't feel really any difference putting it in cupra mode from sport mode as when its in sport mode from comfort mode that is when it turns from plain Jane to a demented Margaret you may get a little bit more holds on longer in cupra mode on the gear change but no extra drama that's just my opinion
but boy me you are travelling at serious pace in fact licence goodbye pace

cheers GHB

Blimey that was hard to read...commas, man...COMMAS!!

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
I tend to use individual mode 99% of the time.

Have everything set to cupra except suspension that stays in comfort. Cupra mode will be track only unfortunately due to the state of the roads about my way

Upthere

Jul 10, 2017
I tend to use individual mode 99% of the time.

Have everything set to cupra except suspension that stays in comfort. Cupra mode will be track only unfortunately due to the state of the roads about my way
Do you have to switch to another mode and back to individual for the engine to be in cupra? That's the annoyance I have with it being in sport mode as the engine defaults to eco on startup to save fuel.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
Honestly couldn't say . I drive with dsg in manual unless on a long haul so only difference I notice on start-up is gearbox reverts to drive instead of sport

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
Never seen E1 or anything on the gear icon on odometer display just D1 until I knock it into manual

Last edited:

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
sorry was in a rush this morning not bad most of the time if you read it slowwww you should under stand it better Mr school teacher ah ah
GHB

silles

May 4, 2017
I'm planning to upgrade to Cupra in the foreseeable future.

How is the exhaust drone when cruising at 70Mph ?
I'd like some exhaust note when acceleration but no drone when cruising

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.