Mpg of Cupra 280/290 dsg

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
I thinking of pandering to my inner child and get a Cupra , but as I do 25k a year I would like to know what people actually get mpg wise.

Also what are people's thought on the fr 184 dsg ?

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
I average about 26mpg. If fuel economy is a concern a cupra probably isn't the model for you!

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I get low 30's driving softly. I have seen 40 on a run down the A6 with few stops and traffic flowing freely. Enjoy the cupra as designed and you will see a lot lower but you will be grinning like a dog with 2 dicks ;)

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
At 25k a year I would choose a diesel (and remap/box it) personally.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Well I've calculated it will only cost me £20 ish a week more to drive a Cupra over a 184, so I think I can afford it

Without wishing to urinate on your chips, remember that the Cupra will cost more to run not just in fuel. Factor in road tax, insurance and tyres (and they really like tyres :cry: ) and it could work out a bit more than £20 a week. Ours has done 22k in just over 12 months, and has needed three new tyres ( one puncture , two worn out at 9k , useless Bridgestones ) and will probably need two more in the next 2-3k. Around £130 each for Goodyears. Has needed servicing twice in that time. At what cost per litre did you work out your figures, I know the current price is good ( relatively speaking) but there is every chance it'll head upwards again....:cry:

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
Chaps let's not get carried away here, I'm 50 so insurance isn't a issue as for the other bits the margin cost differences aren't that much.. As for services surely if you do large mileage should you be on the longer service schedules.

I'm not trying to run this on a shoestring budget , I was just interested to see how things where to put into my man maths

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Chaps let's not get carried away here, I'm 50 so insurance isn't a issue as for the other bits the margin cost differences aren't that much.. As for services surely if you do large mileage should you be on the longer service schedules.

I'm not trying to run this on a shoestring budget , I was just interested to see how things where to put into my man maths ��

On 10k service intervals, wouldn't do long life.

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015

I'm not trying to run this on a shoestring budget , I was just interested to see how things where to put into my man maths
If running costs aren't really an issue I'd definitely go for the cupra. It's a great car!

Supercopa Dan

May 19, 2014
www.facebook.com
Everyone's a bit harsh on the mpg. I do 60 mile a day in mine for work. If I drive nice it's around 38mpg however 90% of the time I don't so I average 34mpg. Cupra mode gets me about 27mpg managed to do 30 mile In 25 minutes once ;). Tyres are a shame but Michelin super sport are only £120 each on amazon. It's a brilliant car to cruise in around 80mph. Just be warned for stone chips :(

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Never see more than 26mpg here, although the other week i was running my space saver so was doing 60 miles a day at 50mph (sooo tedious), managed 46 ish per day regardless of settings,

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I got 30 from my act the other day, I was driving it a bit too much, but mostly mid 40s to low 50s I know that's not the cupra but for comparison

Last edited:

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
35 ish miles to work in the morning, i wouldnt say i hammer it, but i suppose i dont hang about :rofl:

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015
If it helps, I have a 280 manual. I do a lot of short journeys, my office is only 6 miles away from the house!

On average I get between 300 and 320 miles from a tank of V Power. Yesterday I completed a 200 mile round trip along the M42 and M1. On the way there I sat at 65 - 75 in Eco mode and averaged 39.8. On the way back I sat in Cupra mode and had some fun, returning 34.4.

I picked my car up in November and it still has just under 1,500 miles on it. Long term average is 30.6 and 34.4 on this tank.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.