Options affecting Leon lead times

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Right guys, as I said, I've collated details of all those who have posted on this thread saying they've ordered.

I've created a spreadsheet, with a row for usernames, then columns for trim, engine, wheels, options, order date, unconfirmed build week, confirmed build week and delivery date.

Why did I do this? Well, maybe I'm bored and have too much free time before work this afternoon. But on a serious note, I thought it might let us see some patterns and work out average lead times.

Mikeyh22, op_, Bubbs, CAPS_LOCK_STUCK and jay-bob 25 have you taken delivery yet? I've highlighted you all in yellow as you may have said your car was due for delivery, on the ship or at the port.

So far, only Brew3144 has got his Leon, a 1.8 TSI ST with Adaptive Cruise Control, Space Saver Spare, Driver Convenience Pack. Brew3144 was the first to order on 01 Jun 17.

pavarotti1980 has the longest to go with an unconfirmed build week of week 11.

The most recent order was by Gtunney in late September who is yet to get an indication of build week.

Below is the link, I hope it helps:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2of4Pj-1CrWlFmTTN4cy1WME0

I've read all the posts from page one and picked out what people have ordered. Some haven't posted full details so slide me a message or reply to this with whats missing and I'll update it.
Im flying my unconfirmed build week has been moved from week 11 to week 9. Even if that was then a confirmed build week within the next month i still wouldnt see it this side of xmas. Might make them wait and register it in March :D

jamietsylvester

Jul 19, 2017
Right guys, as I said, I've collated details of all those who have posted on this thread saying they've ordered.

I've created a spreadsheet, with a row for usernames, then columns for trim, engine, wheels, options, order date, unconfirmed build week, confirmed build week and delivery date.

Why did I do this? Well, maybe I'm bored and have too much free time before work this afternoon. But on a serious note, I thought it might let us see some patterns and work out average lead times.

Mikeyh22, op_, Bubbs, CAPS_LOCK_STUCK and jay-bob 25 have you taken delivery yet? I've highlighted you all in yellow as you may have said your car was due for delivery, on the ship or at the port.

So far, only Brew3144 has got his Leon, a 1.8 TSI ST with Adaptive Cruise Control, Space Saver Spare, Driver Convenience Pack. Brew3144 was the first to order on 01 Jun 17.

pavarotti1980 has the longest to go with an unconfirmed build week of week 11.

The most recent order was by Gtunney in late September who is yet to get an indication of build week.

Below is the link, I hope it helps:

I've read all the posts from page one and picked out what people have ordered. Some haven't posted full details so slide me a message or reply to this with whats missing and I'll update it.

Good work, there! After many angry phone calls to SEAT UK, my order has now been prioritised, and I have a confirmed build week of 46, which is w/c 6th November. Expecting it on my drive roughly 9th December, so exactly 5 months from order to delivery. My dealer won't give me any gesture of good will either, stating "they gave me a good enough deal as it is!". This is being dealt with by SEAT as we speak...

Last edited:

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Luke,

Your certainly were bored! But it'll be nice to see if a pattern emerges.

Spoke to my dealer last week and my unconfirmed build week has changed to 45 but it could change again.

Just for information I was told that the 18" alloys on car ordered before October are different to the 18" alloys on cars ordered now, a different part code apparently.

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Happy to contribute once I get a build date... Cupra St manual, standard, desire red. Ordered Mon 16th Oct. Estimated delivery April 2018.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Im flying my unconfirmed build week has been moved from week 11 to week 9. Even if that was then a confirmed build week within the next month i still wouldnt see it this side of xmas. Might make them wait and register it in March :D

Hi Pavarotti, if it helps you my car was ordered on the 13th May, and on the 8th August the dealer rang to say it would be built week 38 which I think turned out right. I'm picking it up from the dealer this Saturday.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Luke,

Spoke to my dealer last week and my unconfirmed build week has changed to 45 but it could change again.

Just for information I was told that the 18" alloys on car ordered before October are different to the 18" alloys on cars ordered now, a different part code apparently.

At the point I ordered on 18th July SEAT had just added a 3rd 18 inch option, previously they had only offered the 30/1 which is the light alloy style that has been offered as an option pretty much since the Mk 3 launch and the 30/2 which is the more expensive Machined alloys, in July SEAT added a 30/3 which is the same spoke design as the machined alloys but in light alloy not machined if you get my drift, it is this new one that I ordered with my car these new 30/3 were only £250 and therefore the cheapest of the 3 options, I am guessing this is now replacing the old 30/1.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017

Updated, thank you.

Good work, there! After many angry phone calls to SEAT UK, my order has now been prioritised, and I have a confirmed build week of 46, which is w/c 6th November. Expecting it on my drive roughly 9th December, so exactly 5 months from order to delivery. My dealer won't give me any gesture of good will either, stating "they gave me a good enough deal as it is!". This is being dealt with by SEAT as we speak...

Good news! Updated.

Luke,

Updated.

Happy to contribute once I get a build date... Cupra St manual, standard, desire red. Ordered Mon 16th Oct. Estimated delivery April 2018.

Updated, thank you.

Hi Pavarotti, if it helps you my car was ordered on the 13th May, and on the 8th August the dealer rang to say it would be built week 38 which I think turned out right. I'm picking it up from the dealer this Saturday.

This Saturday, nice one!

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Sorry Luke I thought it was Pavarotti who did the spreadsheet I should have read it closer. Hope my info helps, anyway.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Feel free to put me on this sheet (work is blocking the URL).

- Cupra SC - Mystery Blue
- Only option is adaptive cruise
- Ordered September 2nd 2017
- Unconfirmed build date of Week 9 2018 ( feels like a life time:cry:)

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Feel free to put me on this sheet (work is blocking the URL).

- Cupra SC - Mystery Blue
- Only option is adaptive cruise
- Ordered September 2nd 2017
- Unconfirmed build date of Week 9 2018 ( feels like a life time:cry:)

Thank you.

Interestingly, you have the same unconfirmed build week as pavarotti1980 who ordered early July!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Thank you.

Interestingly, you have the same unconfirmed build week as pavarotti1980 who ordered early July!

Yeah I’ve seen Pav’s posts in another thread. Crazy! Hopefully they will bring everyone’s forward.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Sorry its the 2.0L TSI.

Should have mentioned ive opted for the DSG not the manual. Missed it off my post further up.

I just looked on the configurator, just the 2.0 TSI engine, either manual or DSG for the Cupra, is that right?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
At the point I ordered on 18th July SEAT had just added a 3rd 18 inch option, previously they had only offered the 30/1 which is the light alloy style that has been offered as an option pretty much since the Mk 3 launch and the 30/2 which is the more expensive Machined alloys, in July SEAT added a 30/3 which is the same spoke design as the machined alloys but in light alloy not machined if you get my drift, it is this new one that I ordered with my car these new 30/3 were only £250 and therefore the cheapest of the 3 options, I am guessing this is now replacing the old 30/1.

Do you have any indication of build week yet?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.