Options affecting Leon lead times

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Order 28 September and have a Unconfirmed build week 48. I hope have my car december or january 2018.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
So what from your options list is holding yours up beyond 12 weeks, any idea? Do you have the standard 17 inch FR wheels?

I went for the 18" 30/1 wheels. According to the dealer these added 3 weeks at the time of order. None of the other options had an impact... apparently.

"Car 15-17 weeks
Wheels + 3 weeks
Summer shut down + 4 weeks"

So total is 22-24 weeks.

Ordered week 30 (27 Jul), so getting it between Christmas and second week of January is looking the most likely scenario - especially if the build week gets confirmed as 49.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Unconfirmed build week 49 :(

Think I'm going to have to resign myself to a January delivery

When did you order? I’m going to start collating order times and unconfirmed/confirmed builds weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I went for the 18" 30/1 wheels. According to the dealer these added 3 weeks at the time of order. None of the other options had an impact... apparently.

"Car 15-17 weeks
Wheels + 3 weeks
Summer shut down + 4 weeks"

So total is 22-24 weeks.

Ordered week 30 (27 Jul), so getting it between Christmas and second week of January is looking the most likely scenario - especially if the build week gets confirmed as 49.

Well if nothing apart from the wheels added then it's still too much, mine was 12 weeks and in UK, although I got home from work to 2 e mails from my Broker, the first said "great news we can bring your new car delivery forward from Thursday 26th Oct to Tuesday 24th", the 2nd e mail said "sorry, cancel my last e mail, we will have to put your delivery back from Thursday 26th until Monday 30th!" [:@]

Last edited:

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Good news for me is my new Leon Fr is at the dealers and I'm collecting it on Saturday. They have sent me a video of it just off the transporter. It got some massive bird poo on it! Anyway the dealers been pretty good although it has been so long I've seen off the original salesman! Ordered middle of May so just over 5 months?

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Good news for me is my new Leon Fr is at the dealers and I'm collecting it on Saturday. They have sent me a video of it just off the transporter. It got some massive bird poo on it! Anyway the dealers been pretty good although it has been so long I've seen off the original salesman! Ordered middle of May so just over 5 months?

Nice! Enjoy

op_

Sep 20, 2017

Same here mate, ordered mid may. Finally arriving at dealers Friday!

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017

Nice!! Which engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Right guys, as I said, I've collated details of all those who have posted on this thread saying they've ordered.

I've created a spreadsheet, with a row for usernames, then columns for trim, engine, wheels, options, order date, unconfirmed build week, confirmed build week and delivery date.

Why did I do this? Well, maybe I'm bored and have too much free time before work this afternoon. But on a serious note, I thought it might let us see some patterns and work out average lead times.

Mikeyh22, op_, Bubbs, CAPS_LOCK_STUCK and jay-bob 25 have you taken delivery yet? I've highlighted you all in yellow as you may have said your car was due for delivery, on the ship or at the port.

So far, only Brew3144 has got his Leon, a 1.8 TSI ST with Adaptive Cruise Control, Space Saver Spare, Driver Convenience Pack. Brew3144 was the first to order on 01 Jun 17.

pavarotti1980 has the longest to go with an unconfirmed build week of week 11.

The most recent order was by Gtunney in late September who is yet to get an indication of build week.

Below is the link, I hope it helps:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2of4Pj-1CrWlFmTTN4cy1WME0

I've read all the posts from page one and picked out what people have ordered. Some haven't posted full details so slide me a message or reply to this with whats missing and I'll update it.

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Nice piece of work there, everything correct, having bought through a broker I heard the car was built and on route before I got the build week!

What you can add if you want at the end of the row is that it arrived at UK port on 7th October which was just under 12 weeks from point of order, it is now sat at the dealers but I have to wait until Monday 30th Oct for the Broker to deliver it to me! [:@]

op_

Sep 20, 2017
Mine is a 1.4 125hp Titanium technology in monsoon grey, been told it will be ready for collection next Monday

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Nice piece of work there, everything correct, having bought through a broker I heard the car was built and on route before I got the build week!

What you can add if you want at the end of the row is that it arrived at UK port on 7th October which was just under 12 weeks from point of order, it is now sat at the dealers but I have to wait until Monday 30th Oct for the Broker to deliver it to me! [:@]

Thanks mate. I changed the last column to Delivery/Arrived in UK.

Mine is a 1.4 125hp Titanium technology in monsoon grey, been told it will be ready for collection next Monday

Thank you. Did you change your order? And do you know a more accurate order date?

Last edited:

op_

Sep 20, 2017
Nope haven’t change the order at all. Ordered 15th may and got a build week of week 39

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.