Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Re: Ape's LCR225 Thread (Loads of Pics)

The wheel wobble turned out to be a buckled wheel which I'll replace soon :( not something I need right now! Also found a screw in the rear tyre :( it's not even 1500 miles old!

new pads will be collecting dust for a bit, the existing pads still have at least half the friction material left. Need new rears though :(

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
Re: Ape's LCR225 Thread (Loads of Pics)

Seems like natural progression from 206info onto SCN. Spoke to u loads on there about et3 vvt. Fav69 think user was, work in a pug dealer. Anyway car looks the nuts, completly different league vag to pug imo.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers all :D

Bit of a quck update, had a blast round Combe. was..... interesting :D

Jabba's Leon :D
PCAD2010499.jpg

My Shed!

PCAD20108.jpg

15030_400116171560_609086560_4560805_3876084_n.jpg

25531_10150193955280457_842295456_12238450_230551_n.jpg

25531_10150193955275457_842295456_12238449_5769015_n.jpg

All good fun.

Aaaaaaand. Quick vid of some expert lawn mowing I did for Combe :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpC3Ij2dLE

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
cheers lads, was interesting, boiled brakes meant it was either the tyre wall or grass, and then the track or the Marshalls post, all good fun eh?!

The lady loved the track time, more Disappointed that her track time ended early, she was the bosses wife too!

I didn't get to have a go in the jabba Leon, got lots of pics though!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
After a few weeks between purchasing, and actually getting round to it, the new pads and fluid were fitted today :D Since boiling them at Combe, they've been very iffy under use and the pads had generated quite a bit of braking wobble, which I thought were warped discs. The old pads still at a few mm on them but I thought I'd try the cheap (gulp) option and replace the pads, which arrived in good time thanks to Badger5.

Another job on the list was to replace the brake fluid. I was originally going to use Super4 DOT Brake Fluid but found some Halfords DOT 5.1 fluid which exceeds the spec of 5.1 etc etc. Not the best make of Brake Fluid, but more than adequate and it will be changed every 6 months or so anyway.

Following this, I decided it would be a good idea to change the oil and filter, I have always changed the oil on my cars after 5,000 miles (apart from my company car!) and its normally pretty clean. The LCR however came out a bit black so... A few more 5k oil changes should change that though!
IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Finally, we needed to see what was causing my front wheels to work their way loose. They needed tightening at Combe, and at the Nurburgring. After a bit of deliberation we've worked out that the powdercoating on the wheels is to blame. The Wheelbolts are radiused, and need metal to metal contact with the wheel to secure them. The powdercoat is preventing this fully, and when it gets hot and expands, the normal virbation etc is working them loose. We've torqued them up properly for now but will be rectifying this next week with a dremel. We'll also be sorting the rear pads and discs with new ones when they arrive during next week.

Looks much better now, will report back on any handling improvement, although widening the track should make some difference.

A massive thank you is needed for Techie who did the work for me in his spare time. It's much appreciated mate, thanks for the time :D

Expensive... Must remember is Smiles per Gallon, not Miles per Gallon! (repeat until you believe it!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.