Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers all. Some of them are HDR's yeah :)

Hooray (kinda) for iPhone photo's

Here's the latest mild addition to the car :D

DSC_0001.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
It was fantastic, so much so we're looking to go at the end of May and August too!
A lap was about 23euros, I only did 3 or so to keep the costs down. Even with 3 I need new pads and the tyres are worn :p My last lap of the trip got me under the 10minutes mark which I was happy with.

The journey there wasn't too bad, we landed at Dunkirk at 8am and got to the hotel (which was at the halfway entry point to the 'Ring) for about 2:30pm or so.

The journey back was a nightmare, traffic in Belgium made us miss our Ferry, but the Ferry people were understanding and booked us on the next crossing FOC :)

The trip used about 5 tanks of fuel in all, my LCR used just under 1/4 of a tank per lap! Thirsty bugger. with 2 tanks or so each way. My friend and I split the cost of fuel and laps which made the trip much more affordable.

I'd thoroughly recommend going, just don't try and be a hero on the track. There was enough of those closing the track 3 or 4 times a day!

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
I will be there one day,or maybe even next year when i get my 225r :)

I Know you would be wanting some new tyres tho lol You going for the same make tyres when you buy some more? or trying a different make?

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Sounds bloody expensive fuel wise! I best get saving! :(

Im splitting fuel costs with a mate aswell, wouldnt be going if i had to fork out for the lot on my own!

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
sounds awsome, i am hoping to go visit the ring one day will be probly end of next year or 2012 now though

Last edited:

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
I went with an empty credit card, then realised that I couldn't take cash out whilst over there without getting hammered on charges, so took it out of my current account. That was an incentive to be careful with the cash lol. You can do it for less than you think really.

We ate out every day, 2 or 3 cooked meals a day! with the hotel as well, and it was still affordable. In the summer I'll be going camping and cooking my own instead, make it more fun and even cheaper!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Front pads were £109 + Vat and £9 delivery from Bill @ Badger 5. There were cheaper sets on eBay but I didn't trust them with part numbers and the Brembo / non Brembo fitment / LC / LCR etc. I knew Bill wouldn't get it wrong and they arrived today, will be fitting them tomorrow first thing :D

Adam, is yours the one with the dark twin strip offset on the car?

Are you sure me? I sure as hell didn't take my Mrs (well, ex as of a few weeks ago), I took two mates with me! Sleep we didn't! lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.