Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Re: Ape's LCR225 Thread (Loads of Pics)

Well I had my last car for a year and put 3 pairs on the front! Lol alltogether just over 20000 miles!

I've settled for Goodyear assymetrics on my lcr now. Have fun at the burg I so want to go there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I thought we'd give the LCR a final clean before we set off on our Epic Nurburgring Trip :D

The new tyres are brilliant. They don't hop like the P Zero Nero Rosso's that were on it previously, they scuff a bit and then dig in without bouncing the front of the car. They look pretty cool too :lol: Haven't really tested the grip at the moment, didn't want to get the car mucky again after just cleaning it :p

When are you heading to the ring fella? I'm getting the 6am ferry on Friday morning, will be there by lunchtime and staying till monday :) you see the snow forecast?!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Well I had my last car for a year and put 3 pairs on the front! Lol alltogether just over 20000 miles!

I've settled for Goodyear assymetrics on my lcr now. Have fun at the burg I so want to go there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh heh, no fear of that mate!!

I'm going to The Ring in June. :)

You'll have to post up some details about your accomodation, route, etc when you get back if you dont mind?

I will do mate, I'll do a full write up. The Hotel we're staying at has full DIY Mechanic Workshop facilities, mountain bikes (drunken cycling [B)] ) , track car for hire, trailer, 12 car garage. £40 a night each :D Route is Dover to Dunkirk and then through brussels and out the other side :D

When are you heading to the ring fella? I'm getting the 6am ferry on Friday morning, will be there by lunchtime and staying till monday :) you see the snow forecast?!

Me too!! No way!! We're heading to Dover on Thursday night, and will kip in the cars for a few hours before we stuff ourselves with dodgy ferry food :D

Are you travelling to Calais or Dunkirk? I'm not looking at the forecasts, don't want to upset myself :lol: I've got a friend over there now who has told me it's raining. I keep looking at the Nurburgring Webcam to see what's happening. There's been fully race prepped looking motors under gazebo's, and a banana'd porcshe gt3 on the back of a beaver tail :blink:

looks really smart that mate

Cheers bud :D

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Are you travelling to Calais or Dunkirk? I'm not looking at the forecasts, don't want to upset myself :lol: I've got a friend over there now who has told me it's raining. I keep looking at the Nurburgring Webcam to see what's happening. There's been fully race prepped looking motors under gazebo's, and a banana'd porcshe gt3 on the back of a beaver tail :blink:
Yea, I've been checking the webcam alot too! I am going to Dunkirk with a group of 8 other 1.8t VAG cars :) We are meeting at Clacket lane services at 3:30am that morning!! Are you going to be on the same ferry? I'll look out for the wheels!
Well the 40cm of snow has melted..so that a bonus!! :D

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Here are the motor's we're taking down :D

DSC_0509edit_fhdr.jpg

DSC_0543_fhdr.jpg

DSC_0804_fhdr.jpg

DSC_0795_fhdr.jpg

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Just read this from the start, good work mate, was a good read :) Impressed with the liquid gauge, can i ask how much it was ? And have you got any footage from the video camera yet ?

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Same ferry!! Small world as they say, we'll see you there :)

You're not wrong! I'll bump (not with the car!) into you no doubt somewhere along the way :D Have you been before?

Just read this from the start, good work mate, was a good read :) Impressed with the liquid gauge, can i ask how much it was ? And have you got any footage from the video camera yet ?

The Liquid Gauge was £226 delivered direct from the chap that makes them. Footage below. It's unedited as I just used the standard windows moviemaker to chop it up a tad. It was over 40minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIcOYYSLthQ

A link to his vid from earlier in the thread :)

I have one of these cameras too.. they are brilliant for the money :)

Certainly are! Can't complain. Just ordered one for my mate in the TT, hopefully it will arrive before we go.

Thanks mate, didnt see that lol :)

:D :whistle:

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
I will do mate, I'll do a full write up. The Hotel we're staying at has full DIY Mechanic Workshop facilities, mountain bikes (drunken cycling [B)] ) , track car for hire, trailer, 12 car garage. £40 a night each :D Route is Dover to Dunkirk and then through brussels and out the other side :D

Whats the name of the hotel? We're looking at booking the hotel this weekend, was gunna go with Sliders but yours might be worth a look.

Loving the last pics that you posted by the way! :thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise