Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
For the engine I used:

Autoglum degreaser
Fairy Liquid (suprisingly good degreaser) on areas where there is no paintwork nearby etc
Toothbrush
Wheel Brush (Autoglum one)
Hose @ Tap pressure and occassional jet was around non electrical bits (can be done if you're careful)
Autosol on metalwork (charge pipe, fuel rail, inlet manifold etc)
Meguires Hotwheels on black plastic / trim
Poorboys SR2 Polish on paintwork
Collinite Wax on Paintwork (Turrets, inner wings etc)

I've forgotten a couple things as well I think. Still, its getting there :D

strugers1

loving the wheels i had orange on my blue leon just to be different but it certainly gets you attention;)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
I hate going with the trends, something I've never done really. The Red will look brilliant with the other minor red touches on the car (inside and out). Red Hoses are on the cards, and I'm thinking of doing the Seat Badges front and back also.

strugers1

following the trend is boring you are corect!!its the little things that make the difference!!!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers Mike,

Strugers, couldn't agree more bud, really excited about getting it done, how sad is that :lol:

Cupra R Badges arrived today to replace the corroded ones that are on there now, ever so slightly different so I'll see if I fit them or send them back.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Quick Update:

Spent the day in Birmingham today and had my wheels refurbed red. They're brighter than I planned but still look awesome. We walked from Labtap to the Bullring, got lost in Nechells, Aston, Saltley and Lozells and returned some 14 miles later. My feet are killing!

Pics of the wheels will be taken tomorrow

My New number plates have arrived, just awaiting the V5 etc to get back so I can swap them. I've got a 3/4 plate on the front, and a full sized rear plate.

Badges are still to go on as well, been a bit busy recently.

Oh - and Blueflame Turbo Back (with sports cat) and remap coming soon also.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Quick Update:

Spent the day in Birmingham today and had my wheels refurbed red. They're brighter than I planned but still look awesome. We walked from Labtap to the Bullring, got lost in Nechells, Aston, Saltley and Lozells and returned some 14 miles later. My feet are killing!

Pics of the wheels will be taken tomorrow

My New number plates have arrived, just awaiting the V5 etc to get back so I can swap them. I've got a 3/4 plate on the front, and a full sized rear plate.

Badges are still to go on as well, been a bit busy recently.

Oh - and Blueflame Turbo Back (with sports cat) and remap coming soon also.

Some good mods there! Where did you get the plates if you don't mind me asking? Can't wait to see the new wheels, I'm refurbing mine as we speak! (Check my thread for updates) ;)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Fancy plates .co.uk (google them) were recommended by a friend, they're in NI. Ordered on a Thursday and arrived just under a week later. Good quality and will put anything on the plates, borders, graphics, slogans, logo's, fonts, odd sizes, anything. I just went for legal font and spacing, nothing else. Didnt' want them to look too busy and detract from the car.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Here they are!

RedWheels.jpg

RedWheels_12.jpg

RedWheels_13.jpg

RedWheels_15.jpg

RedWheels_16.jpg

RedWheels_16bw.jpg

lcrb

Aug 4, 2008
lanarkshire
awrite mate,

car looks well good, loving they wheels!! really diffrent.
my lcr is black so wheel colour is very limited

brian

brad1

I must admit, i love them, very subtle colour, but stands out, good choice mate ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise