Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Here they are!

RedWheels.jpg

Cracking photo and a great colour too... :clap:

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Car looks good mate. Not keen on the colour of the wheels on the close up shots, but when you see the whole car i do actually like them! Well done for taking such a brave gamble! :clap:

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers all.

There were times yesterday when I was wondering if I made the right choice, panicking that it would look naff. When I saw them for the first time I was a little "errrr, hummmm". But looked at them again and was chuffed to bits. The finish on them is superb, they wouldn't do the centre caps until I insisted, wish I hadn't have now as they've not come out too great (as the wheel chap advised) so need some standard new centre caps if anyones got any spare ;)

They're certainly attention grabbers, quite easy to keep clean as well compared to the white wheels I had on my previous motor.

Whether is bravery or stupidity on doing it is up for debate :lol:

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Awesome! love them. I did toy with that idea on mine too, but in the end went for anthracite. however awful paint job and they have been re-done 3 times now, and will be going black next I think as being done again soon. I may soon get some new centre caps for mine... so could have mine up for grabs.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Wow.. Saw 'Ape' and had to have a look, had anything ever come of the old 206? I remember you were looking at doing big engine work to it at some point?

Never fails to amaze how many ex-206infoers end up here haha

Car is looking well.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
nice motor, hats off for taking a risk with the wheels. It certainly stands out, i think they look ace.

keep up the good work.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Wow.. Saw 'Ape' and had to have a look, had anything ever come of the old 206? I remember you were looking at doing big engine work to it at some point?

Never fails to amaze how many ex-206infoers end up here haha

Car is looking well.

Eh up bud, long time no speak. The 206 was great fun. Out handled almost everything on the track (including this very Leon I've got now lol). Just had no real grunt which was a pity. Tried various prototype parts but the engine was just too mild to do anything with.

As for the ex-infoer's part - we've all got to grow up some time :happy:

nice motor, hats off for taking a risk with the wheels. It certainly stands out, i think they look ace.

keep up the good work.

Cheers matey, they get noticed thats for sure. Whether thats a good thing or not I'm not so sure!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Eh up bud, long time no speak. The 206 was great fun. Out handled almost everything on the track (including this very Leon I've got now lol).

I can help you with this;)

I have a LCR track car that's more than a match for caged throttle bodied MI16 engined 205's.

There VERY good track cars with a little tweek here and there

Looking forward to seeing what's coming next with this one.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Ha ha nice one.

I've been thinking about a Neuspeed ARB and a S3 ARB but though it might make the LCR too stiff? It handles well on the coilovers that are on it now, although I've still not got completely used to it like I did the 206 so I still tend to be a point and squirt merchant.

Full 3" turbo back system and stage 2 remap will be done in April now after my 'Ring trip :D

Zara

Brown Sugar
Feb 2, 2008
Reading
Lol we all had french shopping trolleys at some point in our lives....

.....I didn't....:whistle:

I was a bit unsure at first, I thought it was missing 'red' somewhere else, but it grows on you :)
I think you've done a really good job, nice one ;)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
.....I didn't....:whistle:

I was a bit unsure at first, I thought it was missing 'red' somewhere else, but it grows on you :)
I think you've done a really good job, nice one ;)

Cheers Zara, I plan on doing other red details, Badges and that sort of thing. Someone mentioned Mirror Caps and possibly the Roof to match but I reckon it could be too much.

love wot uv done with the car dude, the red just goes with the silver paint, looks mean always wnted one of these

Thanks, they're animals compared to most other cars i've been in or driven.

DVLA have suprised me and have actually sent the paperwork and new tax disc over a week early! I can get my private reg on the motor now :D been waiting too long to be able to do that!:clap:

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
New Plate time :D Been waiting for feels like ages for this:

Standard Rear, 3/4 size front :D

FrontPlate.jpg

FrontQuarter.jpg

RearPlate.jpg

And one in the snow!

CupraSnow.jpg

Now I've noticed rear washer jet isn't working, and the boot is soggy :( time to get the boot panels out and see where the leak is :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise