mick-fr's Old Ibiza FR TDi.... Now Megane F1 R26! (Pg10)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Well this is my first car from the VAG range. I passed my test and owned a 1.2 petrol Corsa C for just over two years, then moved to the dark side. *Most of these pictures are from my phone, so apologies for the quality.*

The day that I picked her up this is how she looked..

30112009123.jpg

The first mod was some 6K H7R HIDs and matching sidelight.. they make some difference compared to standard. First picture shows them against an Osram Nightbreaker bulb.

05022010157.jpg

HIDs-1.jpg

Next was a set of Team Heko wind deflectors, I rarely drive with the windows open (Climate Control) But I like the look of them so on they went.

Then I was offered a deal I couldnt refuse by a member on here. A brand new set of coilovers, PD160 intake, Red Cupra vent clips and Cupra handbrake cover from his mk4 that he was trading in. All for a very good price.

Fronts sitting with approx an inch left, and rears all the way down on the adjusters. I thought the rear would have settled, but apparently not.
10052010263a.jpg

I then spent a good few hours giving her a good clean. Products used were AG Shampoo, AG Glass Cleaner, AG SRP, AG High Def Wax and AG Tyre Dressing - But I took the pics before the tyre dressing was on :rolleyes:

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2231.jpg

11062010281.jpg

Out came the adjusters as it never seemed to settle..

14072010292.jpg

And this is how she looks today.

2010-09-20101721.jpg

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Really like this car Mick, has an OEM+ look to it which I like. Not at all OTT.

This thread has only been live a few mins and look at the replies, told ya to get one sorted! :lol:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Really like this car Mick, has an OEM+ look to it which I like. Not at all OTT.

This thread has only been live a few mins and look at the replies, told ya to get one sorted! :lol:

Thanks mate! :redface: I think the car looks good as standard, just needs a few little things to finish it off :p

Yeah you were right.. about time I got one sorted :bleh:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I paid £15 for my Cupra handbrake cover from the SEAT dealer a few months back.

Mick, does yours try to slide off (I mean the handbrake cover! :p) every so often? Mine does resulting in a not very cool gap between handbrake plastic and the leather cover... wondering if it's the way I've fitted it. :shrug:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I paid £15 for my Cupra handbrake cover from the SEAT dealer a few months back.

Mick, does yours try to slide off (I mean the handbrake cover! :p) every so often? Mine does resulting in a not very cool gap between handbrake plastic and the leather cover... wondering if it's the way I've fitted it. :shrug:

Nope doesnt slip off at all mate, I think you've fitted it wrong. The whole cover all comes off, from the black button all the way back to where it disappears at the rear drinks holder. Then the new one should slide on...

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Nope doesnt slip off at all mate, I think you've fitted it wrong. The whole cover all comes off, from the black button all the way back to where it disappears at the rear drinks holder. Then the new one should slide on...
You mean chrome button :lol: another one of my little, slightly pointless mods :D

Thanks for confirming that, I did change the whole assembly going back as far as the rear cup holder... maybe it just seems this handbrake cover isn't quite made as well as it should have been. D'oh!

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
You mean chrome button :lol: another one of my little, slightly pointless mods :D

Thanks for confirming that, I did change the whole assembly going back as far as the rear cup holder... maybe it just seems this handbrake cover isn't quite made as well as it should have been. D'oh!

Black button on your standard cover :bleh:
Yeah that might just be the case mate.. Stick some superglue behind the leather and see if that holds it in place :p

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Nice car Mick, considering getting one of these next year. How is the ride on the coilovers compared to the standard FR suspension. Also, i know this may sound stupid, but is the Corsa C more refined than the Ibiza, i.e. not bumping and thumping when going over bumps?

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Nice car Mick, considering getting one of these next year. How is the ride on the coilovers compared to the standard FR suspension. Also, i know this may sound stupid, but is the Corsa C more refined than the Ibiza, i.e. not bumping and thumping when going over bumps?

Thanks mate :) Yeah I'd recomment the coilovers over standard, they're less crashy over bumps. I'd recommend the car in general tbh, I think its great :p

Ehm, standard Corsa vs standard FR I'd say yes, but not when lowered. I had my Corsa on coilovers too, down about 100mm so suppose that didnt help :whistle:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Thanks mate :) Yeah I'd recomment the coilovers over standard, they're less crashy over bumps. I'd recommend the car in general tbh, I think its great :p

Ehm, standard Corsa vs standard FR I'd say yes, but not when lowered. I had my Corsa on coilovers too, down about 100mm so suppose that didnt help :whistle:

100mm on a corsa :wtf: must have been like a wheelbarrow! Tbh there are a few things that put me off getting a fr tdi -

- i dont know if i could handle the general noiseyness for another 2 years
- there is not much safety equipment compared to the majority of new cars
- the interior is cheap, very cheap and it is the biggest let down of the ibiza (think the corsa c is better for not rattling lol)

the other option i would consider is a Astra 1.9 cdti 150, but i have heard they have problems with swirl flaps and egr valve. I had an astra as my first car and it was very well made imo and refined