Evo2345's Speed Blue K1 THE END

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
After selling my Stage 2 FR550 TDI over Christmas I have now moved back of to the petrol side and got myself Mk2 Leon Cupra K1. After searching and searching for a white K1 with the spec i was after i stumbled across Speed blue k1 off this forum (K1Rob's car).

Spec

Speed Blue
White wing mirror covers
White Alloy wheels
Bi-Xenon Lights with AFS
Sat Nav
Miltek Catback Exhaust

The car is stunning and very well looked after, The only bad points are the usual stone chips to the front bumper which I look to get repaired soon.

Recently had the car Remapped by P-Torque to 319.7bhp + 335lb/ft of torque which has totally transformed the car, Standard came out at 271.6bhp + 238.7lb/ft :-o
I have also purchased Forge DV Spacer which will hopefully be fitted next week.

Unfortunately i have been able to take my own photos yet due to the weather so i have used the images from K1Rob sale thread (hope you dont mind rob)

P1010602.jpg

P1010601.jpg

P1010587.jpg

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Very nice mate, i'm liking the speed blue more and more everytime i see it. You got any more plans for it?

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Looking good dude :thumbup:

Will's 2.0TFSI k04 map is very good aint it :)

Very good to say the least. Ive had revo and custom code maps on my previous cars but the power delivery with will's map is so smooth and just pulls like a train. Car was running normal 95ron too when rolling roaded so hopefully when running 99ron and now the cars adapted it should be running slightly higer figures.

K1Rob

Hi Matt,Just seen this thread.

Im glad you're still happy with the car mate and would be nice to see some pics of its new home but i guess mine will do for now ;).

Im still shocked at the stock power she was throwing out,thats pretty impressive..even more so with the new remap..
-How will the clutch hold up with that sort of power through it?..i know the tubby is pretty much maxxed out @ 320bhp but im sure the response is so much better now..

I agree on the idea of lowering, i also had the idea myself but tbh, the way the state of the roads are looking(and will remain for a while) i just left her as she was..i didn't fancy chipping anymore teeth, I had enough of that from my old car-that was on coilovers but springs are no where near as harsh.

Looking forward to you updating us on your future mods matey, It's nice to see someone else enjoying it and still looking after it..

Keep us posted!

Rob

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Hi Matt,Just seen this thread.

Im glad you're still happy with the car mate and would be nice to see some pics of its new home but i guess mine will do for now ;).

Im still shocked at the stock power she was throwing out,thats pretty impressive..even more so with the new remap..
-How will the clutch hold up with that sort of power through it?..i know the tubby is pretty much maxxed out @ 320bhp but im sure the response is so much better now..

I agree on the idea of lowering, i also had the idea myself but tbh, the way the state of the roads are looking(and will remain for a while) i just left her as she was..i didn't fancy chipping anymore teeth, I had enough of that from my old car-that was on coilovers but springs are no where near as harsh.

Looking forward to you updating us on your future mods matey, It's nice to see someone else enjoying it and still looking after it..

Keep us posted!

Rob

Cheers mate i was meant to text you over the weekend and let you know the power figures but forgot all about it. Will@ P-torque said the map will be fine on the standard clutch as the torque is limited to allow for the clutch.

Lowering it is on the cards but i need to start saving money first :cry:.

Hopefully give it a good clean over the weekend and get some more pictures posted

K1Rob

No worries mate,would love a ride with the new map but your too far away :)..

How much are just springs for these?..To be honnest, someone here mentioned about about 19" wheels when you lower it..I think the wheels that are on are perfect for the job,perfect design and colour for the car - Will look awesome sat abit lower and more aggressive.

I imagine a 3" downpipe with that map + the catback Miltek thats on would bump up that bhp a little more also ;)..

Sounds great mate keep us posted. I like threads like this,especially when it used to be my car :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members