The old and new - MK5 Cupra Gone - New car time. **small update 26/06

Mar 13, 2010
So here is the old ibiza, havent got many pics as lost alot of them.

Had Jabba map, PD160 intake with panel filter and the CAT chopped out and replaced, unsure of power as had a dyno run that must have been wrong, but still was quick for what it was and handled better after adding the FK's.

1ibiza.jpg

2suspension.jpg

Due to working closer to home and not really seeing the benefit of the diesel anymore, it barely got warm half the time, i decided to go for something with a little more room and a petrol turbo engine and thats when i saw this...

3front.jpg

4back.jpg

5enginebay.jpg

6interior.jpg

7seats.jpg

Having a few sligh issues but getting there and garage will be sorting it out.

Very quick im finding and a really nice car to drive, would have loved to have a leon mk2 but fancied a cupra and funds wouldnt allow. Plannning a few mods here and there, a map see's 260bhp and 280 ft lb so would should be enough for now.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
To fair it was a good car, but started having alot of issues with it so had to go, was a very capable car for a diesel and shocked a few people, megane is another league tho.

sollerboy

Good luck with the Renault. My 57 1.4 Extreme needed a gearbox & clutch after only 13k. Boot would open with press of brake at 6k and window broke at 4k. Also, don't get any work done at renault. They crashed the bloody thing when it was in for the £3k repair to the gearbox.

Mar 13, 2010
Yeah theres are a couple of common faults that im getting checked out under the warranty, car is quick tho for something of it size.

Suspension and grip is awesome.

Mar 13, 2010
Small update - The megane got wrote off by some stupid woman so had to get a replacement quickly, wanted a MK2 leon Cupra but insurance is silly at the moment and really want a cupra R so will wait to have ones of those instead.

Finally decided on a Mk5 ibiza cupra, loving it so far, cant touch the megane in terms of raw power and handling (breaks for that matter aswell) but still plenty of fun and nothing a few tweaks here and there wont sort out.

Cupra_Waxed_Back.jpg

Cupra_Waxed_Front.jpg

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
In your first post go to edit and then advanced and you will be able to do it. Nice cupra btw they are even better with a naughty stage 1 remap.........

Mar 13, 2010
^^ ta matey, there we go.

Thinking, ITG, a trip to p-torque and some eibachs for now and then shall see.

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
That should get you going very nicely hehehehehe. Milltek TBE and twintercooler and you are well sorted for stage 2 with a 0-60 time of about 5.5 secs. That is what I managed in my boc at inters last year.

Mar 13, 2010
Went the French car shiow last weekend with a few lads, wanted take my car but didnt think that would be a good idea...

Anyway treated myself to the new Auto Finnesse Temptation Wax, Very easy to apply as brought there dabber that fits nicely into the pot, go's on very well and then buff off easily enough aslong as you dont take too long, overall very nice product and have discovered it beads very nicely, couple of pics anyway and more updates coming shortly im hoping.

Cupra_Front_AF_Temptation.jpg

Cupra.jpg

Mar 13, 2010
Small update, have a friend that sprays bits n bobs (well alloys mainly) so did me the alloys in black, nice finish overall and am pleased with how they look.

Black_Alloys_Front.jpg

Cupra_Black_Alloys.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
^^ Thanks matey, hopefully will be able to do some more things once money is sorted.

Thing is obviously i dont wana void the warranty so have to be careful with what i do.

t.oldaker

SFS Performance Hoses Rep
Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
^^ Thanks matey, hopefully will be able to do some more things once money is sorted.

Thing is obviously i dont wana void the warranty so have to be careful with what i do.

Yeh I was just like that and didnt want to void anything but lost my mind and ended up with that vv lol Just keeping the engine warranty now as thats where the problems are most likely to form :)

Mar 13, 2010
Its one of the more recent colours, looks great with the right products on it aswell but takes some time to make it stad out, im abit OCD with cleaning tho so not to bothered.

Jay has a nice one in the same colour also.

I think im wanting an arm rest next then will look into some other things.

Aug 3, 2011
Now thats a colour i aint seen before

:(

Its one of the more recent colours, looks great with the right products on it aswell but takes some time to make it stad out, im abit OCD with cleaning tho so not to bothered.

Jay has a nice one in the same colour also.

I think im wanting an arm rest next then will look into some other things.

Copey, no idea how I havnt seen this thread before. Tribu Buddies :) Looks gleaming. I liek to think mine is clean. But I dont have a great camera to take pics of it =/ pfft. Where you live, fancy cleaning mine show me how its really done haha

Its looking great

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.