The old and new - MK5 Cupra Gone - New car time. **small update 26/06

Mar 13, 2010
Its all about the products mate, im buying some more stuff when I get paid to test out so will update you on how I get on, would happily have a go for you at some point, where you based?

Its a strange colour to clean really so you have to test different products to see what works.

Aug 3, 2011
Lol im up In Leeds in West Yorkshire.

Mostly I just use dodojuice BTBM shampoo, two bucket method with a mitt. I have AG wax I put on every 6 months or so, Needs claying ideally as theres lotsa bits that just wont come off.

Ive plenty other stuff like tar remover, bilberry wheel cleaner(cant use it on my new rims however) ect ect got Dod juice Red mist but both bottles ive had the triggers broken on it so I cant really use them grr!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Im in stoke on trent but could be a decent drive one weekend.

So you have got some good stuff then, im a big fan of auto finesse as havent found anything better and ive got loads of stuff, just need a cuple more bits so i have have a deep clean.

I need some decent wheel cleaner actually.

Aug 3, 2011
Well this bottle of bilberry wheel cleaner Ive had Since I had my fiesta, had my fiesta for 18months and ive had this cupra for just about a year now. So, 2.5 years and ive still got just over half the bottle. Its a dilute solution use it with a sprayer and its brilliant. very strong at getting muck/brake dust off. Never had any issues using it on my alloys on the fez or on the cupras standard ones. We can arrange a purchase if you like as I cant use it on my new ones ;)

Yeah would be a good day out, bet people would be so suprised to see two Tribu Cupras :)

Mar 13, 2010
Why cant you used it on the new ones?

Haha yh tell me bout it, ive never seen another ibiza in this colour let alone another cupra.

Aug 3, 2011
Because they are an unfinished Matt black and the bilberry is slightly alkaline so over time it would damage the paintwork, not so much on normal alloys but unprotected finish like the matt black it will damage them.

Mar 13, 2010
Small Update

Wanted an ITG kit with the battery in the boot, ITG do not make this kit anymore as by the looks of things apr own the rights to this version of the kit and is now the VWR kit. So I managed to get hold of a VWR filter element and made the rest up myself.

Before
Before.jpg

After
After.jpg

Before it was fed through some piping that wasnt long enough and looked very untidy, so with some quick measurements I brought a ali coupler and some straight silicone, this now leaves 100m opening right at the front of the bumper and a direct route of cold air through the front grill, engine sounds more agressive and does feel keener top end after the charger dis-engauges.

More stuff coming shortly, looking at some Eibachs aswell but cant find a car pic with them on.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Got some Springs delivered from DPM, Damian is a legend, thanks for the help and great service. Will update again once there on.

Springs.jpg

Also got myself a machine polisher, first go at this so may not be upto some peoples standards but came out pretty well i thought.

Washed with Lather, De-Iron with Purple Rain, Clayed, Polished with Das6 DA and AutoBrite Final Finish, Layer of Temptation and Finale.

Machined_Temptation_1.jpg

Machined_Temptation_2.jpg

Last edited:

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Like what you've done with the vwr/itg kit , I had to get the carbon one coz of the battery under the bonnet. Did you bother with a scoop at the front or owt or is it fine without ? Also that car is gleaming !!

Mar 13, 2010
No mate, its a 100mm opening facing the grill at the front so helps itself to loads of air when on the move, makes the engine sound alot meaner also, didnt have the scoop with the kit so made this up myself.

Thanks, i try to keep it as clean as I can.

Mar 13, 2010
So eventually got the Eibachs on, exaclty what i wanted, the Ride is pretty much the same unless you hit a big pot hole and then its sstiffer which i knew anyway, gives the car a slighty more agressive look, had full laser elignment at the same time and handles really well.

Not the best images but you get the idea.

Before.
Before.jpg

After
After.jpg

Mar 13, 2010
Cheers matey, pretty happy with it at the moment, defo handles alot better with the springs on.

Mar 13, 2010
It looks pretty level on flat ground, not the best place take the photo's to be honest. Its just how I wanted it and have kept the ride qualty so can't complain.

Mar 13, 2010
So after looking for a new car finally decided on a GT86 and now pick this up on Tuesday, will be sad to see the ibiza go but have wanted one for a while and got a deal i could not refuse.

image.jpg

This alos means i have a ITG kit for sale and standard cupra springs.

Will hang around also, good bunch of people on here and good knowledge base, plus mates have SEAT's so can keep upto date with the scene, thanks for everyones help/advice over the last few years.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise