Shall I tell the 'petrol heads' or shall you

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Wait for the petrolheads to reply, then ask why they're secretly lurking in the TDI forum :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Just finished reading it, seriously impressive stuff. 35th to 2nd place (behind the other TDI) in 30 mins - in their first race - is pretty good going.
Good old TDIs, had to change the fuel filter halfway through !

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
muddyboots said:
Just finished reading it, seriously impressive stuff. 35th to 2nd place (behind the other TDI) in 30 mins - in their first race - is pretty good going.
Good old TDIs, had to change the fuel filter halfway through !
doesn't say wether the other cars got lost in the cloud though..lol

seriously my only concern about deisels on track being a karter myself is how much disruption could be caused by a fuel leak or burst tank

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
mark sheerin said:
doesn't say wether the other cars got lost in the cloud though..lol

seriously my only concern about deisels on track being a karter myself is how much disruption could be caused by a fuel leak or burst tank
In a kart? Doing through diesel? It would be ace!

:funk:

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
slimjim said:
In a kart? Doing through diesel? It would be ace!

:funk:

there are actually small diesel engines around to drive water pumps that would fit a kart chassis..might work in endurance racing....allthough the petrol engines are tuned for torque not power anyway

alock

May 3, 2004
muddyboots said:
Wait for the petrolheads to reply, then ask why they're secretly lurking in the TDI forum :)

Well, why not...

As good as the result is, you have to realise the playing field is not level. The engine can be a larger capacity, they can run more boost and I believe they are allowed to refuel at a faster rate.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
mark sheerin said:

I think the fuel tank technology now has advanced to a point where leaks aren't really a concern, haven't been any fuel-related fires in F1 for years now, even after bad crashes.

And it won't catch fire if they spill some in the pits either !

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Cupra_power said:
that is great news , quicker deliveries and imagine how quickly you could plough a field with that ... I am all for it.;) ;)

I can see it all now..

now when are we going to see deisel powered light aircraft..

The boating world has long embraced deisel purely for its power capabilities

however...

busses no longer turning up in threes but being on time

The Stig breaking the track record in the new sprinter van

Tony Blair puts deisel up to £3.00 a litre

Cupra_power

torque ain't cheap
Nov 1, 2004
the burbs...
there already is a diesel motor used in aviation. I guess the would make the plane an industrial hair drier as opposed to just a normal hair dryer.

Those intercity buses already move along quite nicely , but imagine now..... stuff high speed trains.. here is the 200 Mph bus.

White van men all over the country slipping on thier gloves and burning off Ferraris on the highway, what is this world coming to...

Perhaps now houses will get built on time and no more excuses by builders who are going to "buy materials" and not coming back that day.

They can now do 3 jobs at the same time in different cities, using one van. brilliant.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.