110TDI Thread

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
So thats 4 of us! ha, yeah iv done abit recently, b12 shocks and springs, cobra 2.5 non res turbo back and bit of paint work done. Im catching up to you though im on 160k now, still going strong(touch wood). i get an average of 40mpg though, but have got 150pd turbo and bigger nozzles. you got any plans? what about you ibizaboi you done much recently?

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
No good plans she needs loads of paint work and lots of little niggles but she is good for another 100k i reckon. I do have a sump that needs fitting and all 3 engine mounts ready to be put on cant be arsed at the minute... i stupidly unscrews the front radiator whole mount thing and now the headlights seem a bit low.. thatll be next.

Does yours need a custom map?

Might get more mpg but then all that depends on ur right foot :D

Did you undo the hub nut when you did the springs.. jeez they fun n f in tight.

Last edited:

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
no just wana get mine starfish alloys back on the the plan is to lower it and a few little bits but nothing major. im justy about to hit 80k so its got loads of life left!
P888uld do you know what power your running? as I would like more power once I have found out why it keeps going into limp mode!

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
I did my cat n dp a year or so ago flexi bit was ripped n cat welding fell apart.

I got vcsd lite registered with £10 cable if ur near warrington

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
its already got a darkside map but that was before they got a rolling road so not got any power figures yet, want to get it on this year.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
I've got a Leon 110 TDi SE, will post more about it later on when I have chance got a few things to do haha!

Concerning the car though, I love it, albeit I have a lot of things I need to sort out on it, such as the water leak(s), changing mirror bodies and covers (have 2 mirror bodies from Ronin225), replace my aerial (have a replacement in the boot :D), had a brand new turbo installed currently sitting around 700~ miles on it.

As said I'll post more information later on or so when I get the chance as I have a lot going on from now until next week, but will try to make the time to state my business hehe! :D

--Lee

mkaljula

Mar 29, 2015
alright bret, iv done quite alot to my 110,

first off revo map, straight throught exhaust, egr blanking plate
front cupra bumper, side skirts, cupra r rear, fr 17" wheels
shock and springs lowerd 30mm, 312mm brake upgrade
full leather interior, cuprar steering wheel, leather armrest
front and rear wipers, removed black vinyl from inbetween doors
xenons, leds through out, some more but cant think right now

What did You need for the brake upgrade ? Thinking of upgrading my 1M Toledo .

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
Hey I'm new to seatcupra.net looking for some help and to see if anyone else has had similar problems to mine.

I have a seat Leon 1.9 Tdi Se 110 bhp engine code ASV recently had issues with overheating when under load and losing coolant along with the heaters blowing cold despite being set as high as possible long story short I was advised it was head gasket or water pump failure or one that has lead to the other. so I changed the pump, timing belt head gasket along with all other gaskets in the kit with new stretch bolts etc all was fine for 140 miles then the problem returned same thing a friend advised me the head could be cracked can anyone else back this up or point me in another direction?

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hello Yorkshireboxer!

Welcome to SCN! :)

I've got the same engine as you by the sounds of it, though I haven't had the problem you've encountered mate. Heaters on high and full with temp reading normal or high (normal being 90C) should blow hot air. When they don't blow hot air it generally suggests that your head gasket has gone, from what I believe.

You've changed your water pump, head gasket and timing belt which only temporarily fixed your problem for 140 miles. Have you noticed any leaks underneath the car? What is your oil like? I can't advise your perfectly but I'll try my best in helping you get this problem sorted out! :)

Have a gander at this thread too, Head Gasket Gone? might be worth while checking some of the tips out yourself to narrow it down.

Please keep us posted on what you do and all the best for getting it sorted out! :)

--Lee

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
Hi israar,

Thank you for the welcome

Yeah they blow hot and cold intermittently which made me believe it was an air lock from when the coolant system was refreshed after the water pump change I run the car for 15-20 mins with the cap off (after buying a new one thinking it wasn't self purging) with the heaters on full to try remove any air locks still to no avail I suspected the head had gone again but was hoping not to rip the block apart again thankfully a friend is testing the coolant for exhaust gas emissions tomorrow evening so hopefully will have an answer by then

And no mayo in the oil cap or foam in the expansion tank but I believe this Isn't always the case ?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated I'm no expert but I like to think I know about engines but this has me boggled

- Rob

Last edited:

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
And sorry no leaks from what I can see apart from when the expansion tank floods the overflow due to the pressure being built up really hoping it isn't the head gasket as I had the head skimmed and got a strong triple notch gasket all other ancillary gaskets were changed as well as the head confused is an understatement

Again thanks :)

-Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
Welcome mate! I'm puzzled sounds like you have a strange one on your hands. Could there be a blockage somewhere in the coolant system??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
Thanks Ibizaboi

It's extremely strange mate all I can think is head is possibly cracked or the rad is dead no blockages otherwise mate and rad seems to be in fair condition visually inspecting it but the fact the head gasket change temporarily cured the symptoms in guessing crack in the head the exhaust gas text on the coolant should provide some explanation if it passes that and the head hasn't gone or cracked then I'm stumped might throw some steel seal in there as a last ditch attempt to save it before I pull the engine and find a doner

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me

-Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members